Thursday, June 08, 2006

star, star, 94.1!

the end of a long, exhausting day (as usual). the 4 remaining kids were drawing with chalk on the ground outside, about to clean up. i was sitting and watching them, pondering those deep questions of life, when all of the sudden "star, star - 94.1!" little mandy busts out a local radio station jiggle. omg, i bust out laughing. it was sooooooooooooooooo incredibly random, and so funny. maybe you had to be there, but it was one of those moments that make me remember why i love my job. right now its frustrating that i can't find a decent assistant, and i'm all alone all day, and i'm super tired by the end, but the kids still crack me up and i love them : )

so we had gorgeous weather all last week. now its june gloom. : ( booooooo to june gloom!!!! yeah, the marine layer was so heavy last night it looks like it rained. grrr. i need to get my tan on people, not happening when stupid june gloom clouds are covering mr. sunshine.

anyways, i wanted to post a layout i did recently, and michelles cj entry. so if no one wants to see it, close their eyes!!!! i already posted it on 2peas.
so for michelles i had to go to a starbucks and dedicate a chair to michelle and "cj it up." but see, i don't drink caffeine, don't really go to starbucks that often (though when i DID drink caffeine, that was one of my favs. loooooved the fracpacinos -sp?-) so i felt silly going in there. had no one to drag with me so i didn't feel quite so silly snapping pics of their chairs, but its cool. i did it very discretly........... and i ordered some sort of non-caffeine chocolate blend milkshake type drink. it was alright. there were a lot of chairs to chose from. at first i was eyeing this big ole comfy chair, then i saw the chair with the desk. i knew it was meant to be. total scrapbooking desk. i feel like i've heard michelle mention scrapbooking at starbucks before. but maybe that was just a park. but anyways, i thought it was perfect!!!!
so thats the story of michelles' cj. if you want to know what i used, click on the pic and it will take you to 2peas where i have it mostly written down . (ETA ok, and blogger is sucking hard core and won't let me post any pics of my lo's!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been trying all yesterday and today. grrrr. so just click here to see it. sorry y'all)

next is a layout i did using this journaling. i had all these fabulous ideas for the layout. saw one by ali edwards in ck mag 2 months ago that i was planning on lifting. love the dare to use non-scrapbook stuff. even bought these fab stamps from fontwerks just for it (thanks jamie!). tried to mix it all up, but it dind' t come out how i wanted AT ALL. i actually re-did the whole layout basically (thats why you don't see the stamp. f-ed that one up) and nows its kinda boring. but whatever. my fav part is the envelope. the purplish circle around the flower? yep, thats a wine stain. i used the envelope as a coaster for my glass of vino one night, and it left the prettiest stain. so i knew i had to use it. then when i saw the dare, i was like- here we go. but not so much. sat on my scrap table for weeks. finally i was like, ok, i'll just post it and be done with it for now. i need to put the date on somewhere. but yeah, this is it for now: once again, stupid blogger. click here

grrrrr. computers and blogger can make me a very angry chica sometimes. seriously, two days to post one entry, and it doesn't even have the pictures i wanted? the WHOLE reason i was posting???? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
anyways, not gonna let it get me down.
i'll leave you all with this quote i just read in the paper from Jon Stewart
"the internet is just a world passing notes around in a classroom"

oh, and can someone please explain to me how al gore invented the internet????

12 Comments:

Blogger Jill H said...

LOOOOOOVE the lo of you, Kat!!!
i'm telling ya, the wine glass ring is a new sbing technique waiting to be unleashed!!! the LO is perfect, i love it. so is your CJ entry, those pp's are perfect too.

what's a marine layer??

and just so you know, i've not had ANY image uploading issues with my Typepad blog...it costs a little bit of $$, blogger is free, but it's nice not having any frustrating problems!!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

you rock sweetie!!!

I have no idea how Al G. invented the internet. But when I type Al G. doesn't it look like Ali G?! Hmmm... Darn that overactive imagination!

Love that Cj!!! You rock sista!

8:30 AM  
Blogger justem said...

Blogger has been driving me bonkers lately!!! I love your cj layout! I am so nervous to do it!! I never go to Starbucks either! Your layout is great!

6:22 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Yep, me and blogger aren't always friends either!!! But I found that if I shrink my photos and layouts down in size, they'll actually upload!

Last day of school, huh?! SO awesome!!! Kids were EVERYWHERE today!! So it begins! =)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

So much to say! Sent you an email re: Al Gore and the Internet. Lovin, lovin, lovin, the LOs. So glad you scrapped the Me at 25 stuff! I be hatin' Blogger lately, too. I really need to use the Internet quote sometime soon.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

I loved your LO's!

12:41 AM  
Blogger monica said...

I just loved the wine stain on the envelope, such a cool touch for that LO.

Job well done.

1:41 AM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

I don't know why blogger has been so crappy but I agree it sucks. Love your layouts!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

i hate when blogger acts up
but i followed your links
cute cute
love the flower in the center of that wine stain. i had the same inspiration when my glass of water or whatever stained some pp. now i use the cardboard center from a roll of glue dots and rub paint on the bottom and stamp it on everything!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Kat...the page was AWESOME!!I love it!! The wine ring is so cool!! Love the singing commercial the little girl sang way too funny!! The CJ entry is awesome. can't wait for my turn!!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

i'm glad you found those stamps girlie! aren't you obsessed with them?!?

9:17 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

oooo I can't wait to use your stamps!!! maybe I'll buy something at the expo you'll want to borrow!!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home