Sunday, June 04, 2006

DaVinci Codes, wine tasting, and lazy Sundays.......

first off, guess i should clarify my whole "mid-west" thing. I tend to forget that the midwest is kinda a big place, not just Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. Sorry, its my cali-girl ditziness coming out ; )
I'm going to Iowa to visit my family (they moved there after I graduated highschool. I have never lived in Iowa) for the fourth of July. They live in a small town called DeWitt, Iowa, right near the mississippi river and Illinois. Thats where I'll be. Email me if you're close enough to meet up, and hopefully we can work something out!!!!! (though my week is already pretty booked. thats what happens when you have 26 + cousins that you never get to see............)
Ok, so thats cleared up. Whew.

so, its a lazy sunday. soooooooooo nice. the house is all cleaned cause we finally found an affordable, fabulous cleaning lady! so now i can actually have lazy days and not feel bad. and remember- i don't have time to be lazy during the week!!!!
we're about to go for a walk around the neighborhood, cause its such a gorgeous day. Too hot to go hiking, but a nice stroll will do : )

Yesterday I went wine tasting with Muriel and her husband Armond. So much fun. and soooo freakin hot. it was 95 degrees in Temecula. good times. but it was nice and a lot of fun : ) yay for 2pea friends!!!!

Friday night I saw The DaVinci Codes. For those of you that don't know, thats my favorite book. Like ever. Seriously, I've read it so many times!!!!! I went on the websites, played all the little games, addicted (that was also when i wasn't working............) So i really wanted to see the movie, but was also kinda not sure what I was going to think. So here's what i thought:
Wasn't as good as the book. but are they ever? didn't deserve the really bad reviews though. but if i hadn't read the book, i think i would have been waaaaaaaaaay confused. tom hanks- ok. i still think that it should have been harrison ford (remember, he discribed himself as harrison ford in tweeds!). LOVED the actress they used for Sophie. She was too cute!!! Didnt' like the change to the end. I liked that the grand dude was her grandfather. Don't really know why the needed to change that. And what was with all the people that came when they found out Sophie was there at the end? Dumb. too hollywoodized. anyways, i could go on. already discussed with Steve, and then again with Muriel and Armond. Glad i saw it, wish it was a bit better, but it couldn't ever be as good as the book. and there is a LOT in that book. so if you haven't read the book- i reccomend it!!!! Dan Brown is my favorite author, too. So check out all his other books (all like 3 of them).

thats my schpill on that. love all the questions you guys asked. too much fun! if you have any more, add them- i'll post later this week. gonna go on our stroll, grocery shop and laundry- then scrapbook!!! Gots to finish Michelle's CJ (Send out is tomorrow Babes!!!!) and maybe some fun layouts too. Then the last Soprano's of the year! love that show.......

Have a fabulous Lazy Sunday y'all!!!!!

19 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Congrats on the cleaning lady. Am totally jealous! I agree about DaVinci. I was totally disappointed.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Congrats on the cleaning lady. Am totally jealous! I agree about DaVinci. I was totally disappointed.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Congrats on the cleaning lady. Am totally jealous! I agree about DaVinci. I was totally disappointed.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Ugh. I posted the same comment three times. I'm a totally dummy.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Actually. . . not a total dummy. Just really impatient. I kept clicking post, post, post.

5:51 PM  
Blogger BRANDY said...

Well you will officially be 3 1/2 hours from me on the 4th. Keep me posted on your plans of a meeting spot, I might be able to swing it.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Yay, for Lazy Days.
I agree with you about the DaVinci Code. I was disappointed too.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

i don't know anything about the Davinci code??! will probably wait til it's on HBO or Starz to see that one. never read the book either.

i'm so happy you found a good cleaning lady!!!! hope you had a great relaxing Sunday :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger monica said...

I bought the book and never read it and three days later I went to see the movie. I thought the movie was entertaining, freaky, and somewhat easy to understand. I think I might have to read it now, I'm so backwards, huh???

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I saw the movie and have yet to read the book (but it is on my list). I still really liked it, I actually had NO idea what the book was even about (I know, how is that possible?) before going into the movie so I found it all really interesting...and I loved Audry Tatou who played Sohpie too! but maybe my opinion will change once I read the book, like you said, books are always better ;)

1:27 PM  
Blogger justem said...

I'm so glad to have your blog back!!! Have you seen Amelie...I think that is the same actress...LOVE that movie!! I don't think I'll go see DaVinci code until I've read the book!!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

bummer dude... i think i'll go see the movie.. but i don't wanna read the book..too much "stuff" to fill my head with =/...
glad you enjoyed a peaced out Sunday!!
when are you heading east??

2:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing The Davinci Code :) Glad you had a nice weekend!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I completely agree with everthing you said about the Divinci Code.Loved the book and this others. Not a great movie, but not bad. Tom Hanks not a Robert Langford. I hated how they changed the ending...din't see why that was necassary.

6:57 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

Hiya, Kat!!! SO jealous about the cleaning lady.. You are WELL deserving!!!

I'm in Indiana and they consider it the "midwest" too. =) Wish Iowa wasn't so far away.. it would have been fun to meet!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

DaVinci Code is something to make you go hmmmmm.....

1:17 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I still need to go see the DaVinci movie, Jared said he would go with me but, life has been busy. I'm excited!! YAY!! for lazy Sundays, love them too!!

5:14 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

lazy sundays are fun :)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Levi said...

wahhhhhhh I still don't have a CJ to work on, I think it's been 4months.
I too saw DaVinci Code and thought it was ehhh okay. I haven't read the book but have read Angels and Demons where it seems to be a little similar as far as characters and symbology goes. I didn't realize that the ending was different. I might have to finally break down and read it. When I say "break down" I mean, MAKE TIME. Took me like 3 years to read A & D.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home