Wednesday, May 03, 2006

you think you know, but you have NO idea..........

ok, so i don't think any of you really think you know anything about my daily life. and i always thought that was the stupidest line on that mtv show. ok, if i thought i knew anything about your life, i wouldn't watch the show. duh.
ok, anyways, so life has been crazy, as usual. and i haven't had time to post. so i decided to let you all know what i do all day and why i'm so busy. a day in the life of me...........

5:45 am - alarm goes off. i hit snooze. a bunch of times.

6:05 am - finally roll out of bed. shower, get dressed, make the bed, head down stairs set up a few things for preschool, and then start to unload the dishwasher......

6:30 am - baby Blake arrives. i dont' open till 7:30, but i needed a client when i first started, and so i took him on. he's lucky he's such a cute baby! ; ) and the family is really cool

usually put him in his highchair w/juice and cheerios while i finish unloading the dishwasher, packing steve lunch, and maybe start my own breakfast.

7 am - baby Blake usually goes down for his morning nap. i get to finally eat my breakfast. check email/blogs, etc.

7:30 am - the kids start arriving

I won't tell you what goes on in my preschool, cause that will probably bore you all. or maybe i just don't feel like writing it all down..... but

12:30 pm - NAPTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo! this part rocks. if i'm lucky enough to have them all asleep at one time. and usually i'm not. when i'm really really really really lucky? t hey all stay asleep or on their nap mats till almost 3pm. but unfortunatly, this is a very rare occasion. so rare, in fact, that it hasn't even happened since i opened my san diego branch of shuckleber. dang.

5:30 pm - the last of the kids (should) be leaving. if not, they pay extra, $1/minute. so that can actually be nice- extra scrapbook supplies anyone?
then i have to tidy up, probably sweep, maybe vaccuum, spray a bit of "clorox anywhere" (that stuff rocks!!!) what have you

yeah, so by now i'm exhausted. but, more i'm not done yet
then i make a (healthy) dinner for me and my hubby
clean up the dishes (some nights steve does all the clean up for me. thats always nice)
then i spend the rest of the time trying to work out, scrapbook, catching up on blogs, 2peas (which i barely have time to do after all the blogging) fun reading, watching the boob tube (thank goodness for tivo!!!)
and try to be in bed by 9, so i can be asleep by 10 to get a full 8 hours of sleep. which is what i really need. but it rarely works out............
and keep in mind that i also have to keep the house (and i hate cleaning), pay the bills, do the laundry, have some what of a social life, all the work that comes with owning a preschool, etc.
wow, get tired even explaining it.
i'm also doing 2 cj's, planning a bachelorette party, and a cinco de mayo party this friday! what the hell is wrong with me?

anyways, so thats the day in the life of me.
at least i have a cleaning lady coming saturday, so one less thing to do!
and now its wednesday, my "scrap night" so im gonna make dinner, then make some mexican wedding cookies for the cinco party, then work on some cj's!!! (after i clean up the scrapbook room of course..........)
so have a fabulous rest of the week, and be sure to cinco it up this weekend!!!!!

21 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

man... I'm tired just to hear 5am..

I don't know what's wrong with you. But whatever it is it's nothing compare to your cuteness!!! LOL

Michelle

9:43 PM  
Blogger monica said...

yea, you're a little busy, aren't you. don't know how you do it, but it seems you do it well.

p.s. can i have some mexican wedding cookies??????

just playing.

-monica-

12:50 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Blimey. It's 8:50am ish here, and having read your day, I think I may need a nap myself.

12:55 AM  
Blogger BRANDY said...

Holy Buckets!!! Girl, you need to take a load off. I love being busy, but I love having down time...if that makes sense.

Have a great cinco, you deserve it!

Cheers!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Gosh, you have tons going on! But at least you have your Cinco de Mayo party to look forward to. Yay!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

i could not even handle getting up that early. bleh. good for you though!

so um about those cookies. do those mail well?!? ;)

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn girl you are busy!!!
So what are these cookies you are making? sound interesting just from the name! hope you have a great party!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

WOW!! You are one busy girl..sbut, you must have fun working with children too!! I know you do, I love it!! Party hard for Cinco de Mayo!! You doing anything with the kids for cinco de mayo, we are at my school!! SHould be fun!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Odette said...

You're so funny. You do have a busy schedule, but no doubt I can tell you LOVE it.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

Man I wish I could get some of those cookies...

geesh reading that made me tired...why do we do this stuff to ourselves...

12:08 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

You are BUSY!!!! Wow.. I really admire all you do. =) You have got to be exhausted by the weekends!!!

I'm with you.. I'm totally an 8-hour a night girl. =) Can't be grumpy with the kids, right?? =) LOVED the day in the life of Kat!!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Busy, busy day. I'm right there with you on needing the 8 hours. Tom always calls me around 9:30 and makes fun of me 'cause I'm already in bed. I NEED to sleep though. I don't know how those people who stay up all night do it.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

wowsa, very busy! i just give you the most credit for being around kids all day, preschool/daycare/teachers, are the BEST people!!!!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

can you move here and be my nanny??
i would love that.
thanks.
phew.
settled.

9:39 PM  
Blogger justem said...

You are one busy girl!!! Glad you always have time to chat with us :)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kat ... you are one busy chicka!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Whew! Our lives sound amazingly similar. It's amazing how much can be packed in to one day!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

you are super woman!!
sounds much busier than my days.. and I thought mine were exhausting!!
I am amazed that you are able to cook!!! My husband would not know what to do , if he came home to a dinner!!
hope you had a happy cinco party!

8:34 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

i looooved reading about your day!
which sounds BUSY.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

ok, you are busy...
i can't believe that you own yr own preschool. ok, i can, cause you clearly do, but seriously.. i admire that. a lot.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

damn, just reading that exhausts me! But I know exactly how you feel~ I ran a preschool in my home for over 5 years. And to make matters worse, i was going to school full-time at night, I had a 1yo daughter & my dh was still in the USAF, which meant I was single-parenting-it about 70% of the time. Girl, I feel your pain!
Ihope you had a fab Cinco de Mayo!!!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home