Friday, April 07, 2006

Hessica Hessica

*a fabulous girlfriend post*

Jessica and I have been best friends since the second grade- 17 years!!!! I'll never forget the day that I met her- she was riding her purple scooter, long blond hair flowing behind her. Oh I was jealous. and she had on purple rebok hightops- I knew this chick was cool. ( apparently she thought that i was part of a movie star family, because my dad was sportin' some cool shades. aw, first impressions of an 8 year old.....) That was the first day of soccer practice, we were on the Firecrackers with coach Stew. The first day of school was just a few days later, and we were in the same class with Mrs. Larson. It was my first day at a new school- go Duveneck Dragons!, so I was assigned a "buddy" to show me around. And at morning recess she promtly ditched me to go play kickball. So I was stranded, all alone at a new school where I didn't really know anybody, and more importantly I didn't know where the bathroom was. Oh goodness, do I remember sitting on the bench, having to pee so bad I wanted to cry, and meekly asking anyone who walked by where the bathroom was (I think I was whispering, I was so embarassed, so of course no one heard me). Then Jessica came up, the girl with the long flowing blond hair and purple shoes. My hero. She showed me where the bathroom was and instantly became my best friend.

We've been through a lot together. Lots of laughs, lots of tears, lots and lots of drama (isn't that what girls do?) even more boys, and more boys, gossiping & giggling, sleepovers and trips, rollerskates and barbies, stalking & phone calls, highschool graduations, moving away to college, trips around the world to visit each other. a wedding. a death. Life. There have been times where we don't get to see each other, or even talk on the phone that often. But she's always been my best friend. The friend I know I can count on to listen to me cry, to get my back, to give the best advice, and who will always, ALWAYS make me laugh and show me a good time.
She will be the godmother to my first child, and my first daughter will have her namesake. I love my Hessica Hessica, J.L. cool R. Bestest friends forever
Love ya chica!!!


(this pic was obviously taken at my wedding. Jessica was the best maid of honor EVER. not only did she throw me an out of control good time bachelorette party and beautiful bridal shower, she took her job SERIOUS. love this pic. i was tired of standing and waiting for everthing to start, so i squatted down. jessica was holding my train, decided to join me. this pic just cracks me up. love it. love her. good times)

21 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

What a sweet picture! She sounds like a great friend. =)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

that picture is so nice! it's good to know good people

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such an awesome picture!! You are blessed with a great friend!

11:33 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Oh Kat, you just made me cry. What sweet words about your best friend.

Love that picture, CLASSIC!!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Levi said...

ahhahaaa you look like you just farted or something!!! hilarious kat. you crack me up

2:06 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Do love that picture.

Yesterday I found some photos of my best friend's 21st, 10 years ago. Was the best weekend of my life, and we're all just puppies in the photo! At that point, we'd all been friends for years already - and I'm delighted to say, we're all still friends.

Life is great, for sure, but friends like that make it so much greater.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

oh i love that picture, Kat!!
& i love that she owned purple reeboks!!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

Big shout out to Jessica!!! Sounds like such a fabulous friend!!! You're a lucky gal.

Michelle

10:34 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I LOVE the pic!! Just makes me laugh!! What an awesome friend!!

3:25 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

oh, that is so sweet, I am tearing up without even knowing her! She sounds great and I am sure you are a great friend in return... yay! for friends.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I can totally picture the scooter and the blonde locks and the purple high tops. What a great start to a friendship.

5:47 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

yay for great girlfriends! :D

5:50 PM  
Blogger justem said...

Isn't it great to have good friends? I'd hate to think what might have happened had she not rescued you and shown you to the bathroom!!!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad you guys are still close! Any girl who rolls up in a purple scooter is a friend of mine. ;)

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is adorable!
sounds like you have a wonderful friend;)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous photo! She sounds like a lovely friend :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

What a great tribute to your friend Jessica, Kat!!! LOVE that picture of the two of you.. totally cute and NEEDS scrapped!!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

what an amazing shot and an amazing story of a great friend!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

what an awesome story & I LOVE the pic. very cool!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

How incredibly sweet. You are very lucky to have such a great lifetime friend.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

dude, i'm just on a comment whirlwind.

hessica hess is GAWGEOUS! and look at you on your wedding day!

beautiful!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home