Friday, March 17, 2006

happy st. patricks day!!!!!!

ah yes, one of my favorite holidays of the year
why, you ask?
well, i am part irish. 25% to be exact. my dad's mom, grandma adams, is 100% irish and PROUD! i have a lot in common with that grandma, so i guess her irish pride rubbed off on me. even though i'm more norwegian than irish and german, for some reason i feel the most irish. most be my pale skin and ability to drink........
most st. patrick's days i cook cornbeef and cabbage- a recipie i got from my grandma. then of course there is the green beer and irish car bombs. good stuff. last year steve had this thing at school, so i just had a girlfriend over and i made yummy pesto (green) pizza! love representing. and if you don't wear green, i will be sure to give you a hard time.
unfortunatly we are getting kicked out of our house this st. patricks day for our house to get fumigated (yes, we only bought this house a year ago and we already have to get tented!!!!!) bummer dude. so i'mm gonna have to skip making the cornbeef and cabbage and we'll find an irish pub to serve us green beer : ) LOVE that st. patty's day is on a friday this year......
thanks for all your comments on my cousin amanda! we had a lot of fun when she visited. the baby i take care of got to stay home that day, and teh other 2 girls left at lunch, so i had the afternoon to spend with her!

oh dear, the fumigators are here. so i gots to cut this short. so have a fabulous st. patricks day yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

16 Comments:

Blogger darcy said...

What a great shirt!!! have a happy Green day!!!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAT! i am wearing the SAME shirt today!!!
love it!
Hope you have a great night!
Cheers to the Irish!

10:31 AM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

Yay!! love this post - although some time I will have to teach you all of my norweigian stuff!!! Beware of the bugs

11:36 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Nice boob shot. Cute shirt though. Hope you enjoy your St. Patty's day. My boyfriend and I are going to try and go out. He isn't irish, but does have red hair so he still claims it is 'his' holiday.
Don't drink till you pee green!

11:58 AM  
Blogger justem said...

Hmmm...that shirt looks pretty good on you! So you LIKE Irish Car bombs?? I had a bad experience with one once...won't ever try on again! Happy St. Patty's Day :)

3:27 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

I'M 25% IRISH TOO, GIRLIE!!! BUT I DON'T LIKE CABBAGE, BLEK!! CORNED BEEF IS GOOD, THOUGH!
CUTE SHIRT - I DON'T THINK I OWN ANYTHING GREEN, SHAME ON ME!!!!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I love the shirt. Hope you have a fun night!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

nice boobahs!!
love the shirt.
i love me some good irish puppin,,
actually we have jsut come back from drinkin a bit o green beer..
very green, i might say!!
and a yummy green mudslide of sorts!!
oh and i had me some fish n chips too.
enjoy the night.. don't soak up that gas!!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

my husband is 25% Irish and 75% German (he makes the BEST drinking buddy!). lol. He enjoy today and Octoberfest. Any excuse to drink beer without me giving him dirty looks.

Man you got boobs! Totally jealous here. lol.

Michelle

11:24 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

My hubby's grandma (who is 100% Irish) thinks I'm Irish. NO IDEA WHY! She just woke up one day and decided I was Irish. I've just been going with it.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Jill H said...

love the shirt, Kat!!
hope you had a fun night =)

9:26 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

I agree with Wendy - nice boob shot.

If her boyfriend's hair is red though, isn't he more likely to be Scottish??

Big up to ya, hope you had a nice weekend.

PS: What's an Irish Car Bomb? My experience of them involves people being blown up and dying. I assume it means something else over there?

4:35 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Cute shirt!! Happy St Patty's Day!! hope you found your green beer!! Your grandma's recipes sound yummy!! hope you get back in your house soon!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I hope you had a green-tastic weekend! :)

8:27 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Love the shirt!!! Have fun!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

If you can believe it...this year was the first year I went out for St. Patty's day. And it just might be the last. I got so bombed. It was not good. 5 days later I'm still filling it. =(

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home