Tuesday, March 14, 2006

cause we're cousins, identical cou-sins

So this is the first of my fabulous (girl)friends posts. i have so many wonderful, fabulous girlfriends, and want them all to know how much i love them!!!

My frist Fabulous Friend is my cousin Amanda. Cause we're cousins, identical cou-sins.................. no, we are not sisters, but apparently we totally look like it. Everyone is always asking if we're sisters whenever we're together! The best was the summer I came out for her wedding and we had the same haircut- yeah, totally looked like twins then!!!! (sorry for the funky pic, i had to scan it......)

Amanda is the closest person I have to a sister. Though we grew up thousands of miles apart, we were still always really close. Every summer I coudlnt' wait to see Amanda. We woudl play dress, play paper dolls, build houses with cardboard boxes n (she would acutally save the paper dolls and houses we made all year until my next visit- and she never played with them with out me!), gossip about boys and play with makeup.
I learned some pretty important things from Amanda

* That New Kids on the Block has the hottest guys ever

* How to curl my bangs

* That it was about that time to finally shave my legs

When we became "adults", she moved out to California with her husband and son. I lived in Santa Barbara and was only a few hour drive so I got to visit her lots and lots! It was awesome to have family so close to me (my parents had since had a midlife crisis and decided to move to iowa to become farmers............)

I was there when her middle son, Jordan, was born. It was such an amazing experience and I feel so honored and special that she wanted me there.

If I ever need advice, or have questions, I know that I can always count on Amanda. She is the best listener, never judges, and always makes me laugh. We have so much fun together!!!!

I've always looked up to her. She had the coolest clothes, and I always feel so great when she wanted to see what clothes I brought for my visits. I still look up to her, she is an amazing mom to three beautiful little boys, and a devoted wife, and I know when I'm finally blessed wiht my own babies I'll be constantly calling her for advice!

When her family was recently put through a horrible and tough situation, I was completely amazed at how she handled herself. She was always composed and put on a happy face for her boys. I just don't know how she did it, and I'm totally in awe of her for it. Like I said, I still look up to her.

I totally miss her and boys right now. But luckily she's coming to visit tomorrow. Woo hoo!!!! I think my post about how much I missed them had something to do with it

*Amanda, didn't mean to make you cry, but I'm glad it convinced you to come and visit me! I love you lots and lots xoxo your identical cousin, Kat : )

15 Comments:

Blogger CathyVal said...

You guys do look alike especially the picture with the same hair cuts!!!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is crazy how much you look alike and are not sisters!!

That was such a great post about your cousin/friend!! Hope you have a great visit tomorrow!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

You two totally look alike!! That's so awesome that you get to see her tomorrow!! YAY!!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

You do really look a lot alike! I like the idea of tribute posts for friends. I so often take advantage of my bestest friends and don't realize how awesome they really are.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

can't believe how alike you guys look! definitely look like sisters. so cool they're coming to visit you :) have fun!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

you guys do look like sisters! So great to hear you have someone like that! Hugs

Michelle

11:39 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

Wow.. what an amazing tribute to your twin cousin!!! This is such a cool idea... you're such a sweetie!!!

So did you grow up in Cal and then your parents moved to Iowa to be farmers? WOW.. what a huge change!!!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Ahh, that is so nice.
That's crazy how you guys look so much alike. =)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wowzaz, you two do look alike!!! Glad you have such a great cuz!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I can't believe how much alike you two look, especially the younger pictures! Super sweet post!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i swear you two look like just out of the parent trip.. with your devilish grins.. in that first pic!
SO COOL TO HAVE SUCH A CLOSENESS.
i DON'T HAVE A RELATIONSHIP IN ANY FORM WITH ANY OF MY COUSINS.. AUNTS, UNCLES, GRANDPARENTS..ETC!!
ALWAYS WISHED I COULD HAVE A CLOSE FRIENDSHIP WITH A FAMILY MEMBER!

3:43 PM  
Blogger monica said...

OMG you two look so alike!!! How nice to have that special bond together and all those memories to share together.

Yeah, I thought New Kids on the Block had the hottest guys too, I went to two of their concerts back in the day, what a dork!!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

WOW, YOU TWO REALLY DO LOOK A LOT ALIKE!!! SHE SOUNDS AWESOME AND SO MUCH FUN!! =)

8:06 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

That is cool, I also have a cousin/like a sister in my life and it RULES! Love those pics, especially of you as a little kid!! Have fun this weekend and don't get too wild. By the way, very Martha of you to have your Hawaiian glass match your dress in the last pic (love it!)

5:44 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

that is so nice...I hope you have fun together!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home