Monday, March 06, 2006

update

"dang mommy, thats sweet" - Jordan, age 4

hahaha! that kid cracks me up. he says the funniest things, and that is a very common one. the fact that he says "dang" just kills me, and any little kid using slang is hilarious. just thought i'd start you off with that.
so here are a few updates on my life

*the trial for the boys is wednesday. we're all hoping that they'll be able to go back home!!! please send us positives thoughts/prayers. but i am going to miss them TONS when they leave!!!

*getting up at 6am is hard.

*so i decided that i too was going to give something up for lent. my family is catholic, but i'm not really a practicing catholic. but i still like the idea and everything of lent. so i was trying to figure out what to give up. it would have been alcohol, but i've already proved i can give that up (to the surprise of many) - not saying i don't miss it!!! - so i'm thinking, what is something i really love and would be hard to give up???? hmmm, trying to lose weight at the same time??? hmmm, i know! CHOCOLATE. yeah. so thats what i decided. not the best decision when my period is due to come a week later. totally kicking myself right now............

*did i already tell y'all that i dropped my class? well, i did, and i'm glad i did! i've still got a lot on my plate, and it was just ridiculous for me to stress over a class that i really don't NEED need. so yeah, happy with my decision

*still haven't figured out how to balance everything, but it was nice to hear that i'm not alone!! thanks for all your positive comments : )

*didn't make the design team at my LSS. Dang dude, that makes me sad. ; ) but its not a big deal. i didn't really think i'd make it. but they told me try again in september (i'm sure they tell everyone that) and i got a $10 gift certificate to their store! score. used it to buy some fun goodies, including stuff for Barb's circle journal! yay!!!!! i love shopping...........

*discovered this website while reading Kristi's blog. totally awesome, if you're a LOST fan. also goes to show that some people have WAY too much time on their hands (or they're just really good at balancing everything. maybe i should askthem to help me out............). oh! and LOST was soooooooooooooooooo good on wednesday night! love this show

*discovered CSI last night. Grey's Anatomy wasn't on (i was sooooo freakin bummed!!!) so i watched it. Freakin good show! scray, little graphic -um, hi they're cutting open a dude's head and his eyeball is gushing out black stuff, ewww - exactly what i love! it was on again at 11:30, and i totally got sucked into that espisode and didnt' go to sleep till after 12:30. damn tv shows

* i watch way too much tv for someone who never has enough time for anything

*myspace is still a drug. like i'm totally addicted. but i've found some fun friends and some have found me! so excited to catch up with a bunch of highschool homies.

*actually got a little scrappin done this weekend! yay! i'll post them later

*i think i'm getting carpal tunnel (is that even spelled right?) dude, whats up with that? i don't really use the computer all that much. wtf. or maybe its arthritus. dang, i'm getting old


and yeah, thats all for now. have a fab monday, and here's a cute pic to send ya on your way. the boys wearing the hawaiian shirts that steve and i picked up for them


12 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Yeah, that was crap how Grey's Anatomy didn't come out, damn Oscars!!!

I'm sorry about your class, it's hard when you have too many things on your plate. But you're young and you can pick it up later.

Can't wait to see some LO'S, off to the 2 Peas world to check your stuff out!!

Keep your head up girlie!!!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in agreement with you, slang coming out of kids mouths is too funny! cute pic too! hope the trial goes well, I will keep my fingers crossed...although I am sure the boys will be missin you and steve too!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

busy busy...

aleast you are unwinding a bit - that's always good...

4:00 PM  
Blogger justem said...

I've given chocolate up a bunch of times for lent (due to my cadbury creme egg weakness) and it actually gets better. I should give it up for good!! That pic of the boys is adorable, I really hope it all works out tomorrow!!

4:26 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

WILL DEFINITELY BE THINKING OF YOU WHEN THE KIDS LEAVE, THAT WILL BE HARD.
AND YOU GAVE UP CHOCOLATE BEFORE YOUR MONTHLY FRIEND?! EEK, GOOD LUCK!!
LOVE LOST, LOOOOOVE IT!! LAST WEEK'S EPISODE WAS AWESOME! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE LINK, I'M TOTALLY PSYCHED RIGHT NOW!!
CUTE PIC OF THOSE 3!! THEY'RE ADORABLE! =)

4:33 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

praying positive thoughts about the kids, I know that has really been weighing on your mind. You have had so much going on that this must mean something fab is headed your way...love ya!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

OH
MY
CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!!!

That photo just put such a smile on my face! I am thinking good thoughts for you guys and the boys this week. xoxo

Sorry about PP DT. I know you would have rocked it, but don't worry- soon enough something will happen! xo

8:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

LOL. Those kids knows just want to say huh. Just like when Cassandra said. "Cass rythms with a word I'm not suppose to say!". LOL. That kills me!

Getting up at 6am should be outlawed! Period. No human should be required to go through that sorts of torture!.

Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts!

I'm surprise you didn't make it to the design team. Don't be sad. They probably just looking for a different style of scrapbooker.

The boys are too cute!!!

I thought it was so funny reading your comments. I'm not a practicing Catholic either. If you ever seem "Everybody love Raymond". We are so much like that family. If we did went to a church, the priest will probably pray everyday that we don't show up for the next week! LOL

Michelle

1:59 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

Oh gosh, that pic of the boys is PRICELESS!!

I've seen that LOSt website too.. ridiculous what people invest time in.. wait, they probably think that about our scrapping addiction!!

I'm going to 2Peas to see if you've posted yet..

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

adorable picture! i'm in love with csi too. so awesome. i love blood and gore.

i'm glad you dropped the class. if it will help you out, i'm glad you did. :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jill H said...

good for you, dropping the class. isn't it fun to be a quitter?! LOL! i've done that before when i was pregnant w/my son & worked & went to school too. sorry about the DT thing, what a bummer. you're lo's are so awesome, i'm sure you'll get picked for something else soon!! i'll be thinking positive thoughts for you, & those darling little boys, they are SO darn cute w/those hawaiian shirts =)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I'm lovin' the dudes Hawaiian get-up. I'm guessing it was a gift from your vaca?

Will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home