Sunday, February 12, 2006

missing you........

right now i'm missing girlfriends. good,solid, quality girlfriends. friends that you will stop by just to say whats up, that you can sit and watch stupid tv shows with, who loves to gossip about celebrities, girlfriends who are there to listen when you need it, to cry with you, to laugh with you. who know when i'm needing a good friend or shoulder to cry on. friends that don't judge me, but accept me. girlfriends, who even though they may not understand what i'm going through, will be there for me. whatever i need. a friend that never makes me feel bad for being me.
dont' get me wrong, i have a bazillion of fabulous girlfrined just like that- all over the country. but thats the problem, they're all over the country. they aren't here, near me. yes, i can call them on the phone or send them an email, chit chat on im, or just know that they are there, BUT its not the same. i don't have anyone to just come over when i need a friend, or anyone that i can go and grab a drink with and vent. i really miss that. all my life i've had at least a few right near by. in highschool i had all my best friends, college i had some seriously fab/solid friends, and after that i had my SB girls. then i moved down to san diego, away from all my bestests girls. now the closest is in Calabasas, about 2 hours away. which isn't bad, but its through LA and that just sucks. and i can't just call her up and say- hey, meet me here, i need to talk.
feelign a little bit alone. and its no fun. i have steve, he's my bestest bestest friend in the whole wide world ever, but he's also my husband and a guy. girls NEED girls, ya know?
i'm glad to have met all you bloggers out there- i feel i at least have people to *listen* whenever i need to post. but to all my girls all over the country- just know that i miss you lots. i love you lots. and can't wait to see you all again soon (and, by the way, San Diego is a great place to live if any of you are thinking of moving............)

14 Comments:

Blogger Levi said...

I am missing girl-time. Shopping, gossiping, laughing, getting my hair done, getting my nails done, tanning, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wish I had the time and the money to do those things. I'm hoping 2006 is going to be much better than 2005 and in a few months I'll be back to girl-time. Hope you get some girl-time too.

1:30 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

It is nuts because I was just saying this to a friend of mine from growing up who lives out east now. WHERE DID ALL MY FRIENDS GO? It would be nice to have someone to go grab a beer or coffee with, do a target shopping spree or just hang out. Right now, just not in the cards for me either.... hang in there and if you want to chat, let me know!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hang in there, Kat. Sending hugs your way!

4:38 PM  
Blogger justem said...

I know how you feel :( When I moved to chicago I didn't know a single female soul. I'm made friends, but it's not the same as my old buddies!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

If I lived a-lot closer I would drive over right now and make some drinks and watch some girl movies and chat tons!! But Canada is a little far!! Sendin you a big hug!! And you know I do have family in SanDiego so, maybe one day soon, we can do just that!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Hang in there chica! I think we have all been there at some point. =(

10:59 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

I know what you mean. How about moving to OC! It's great place to live too... ;)

I've lost a lot of good friends while moving, etc. So I know how much that sucks.

Michelle

11:11 PM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

aw!
moving
right
now
and we're going to go drink!

12:27 AM  
Blogger monica said...

You always have a friend in me!!! Keep your head up and remember there is always email so write me and I'll give you something to laugh at!!

Love,
Nalgas (ASS) hehehe

1:17 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

Oh kat, wish I lived closer! We would totally go out shopping and chat. I'm also proud of you for doing a great, heartfelt post. I'm getting to know the real Kat and am liking it. Hang in there, chica!!!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat, I am totally feelin' you on this girlfriend thing...my best friend recently moved to S. Korea! so far away! Remember you can never have too many friends, maybe this is a sign to go meet some new girlfriends! Hope you are cheerin' up and find some good girl time.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

(((KAT)))

Big hugs to you sweetie. I seriously wish I did live closer to you so that we could hang, because I know we'd be such great friends IRL. I'm sorry you're feeling so down girlie, I really am. More hugs for you. :(

9:58 AM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Oh my gosh I could copy and paste this into my blog, word for word. When I moved up here I didn't realize it would be so hard to make new friends, but it is! I love living with Scott and having him near, but like you said, sometimes you need a girlfriend. I miss being able to call one up and go grab drinks and happy hour or have someone give me advice about shoes! Its the little things and having people in PERSON really does matter. I know its hard... some days I feel really alone and really empty. Maybe I can make it down there for a get-together soon (but yes I know its not the same) Hang in there. xo

10:09 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

too bad we don't live a little closer, cuz I totally understand...A & I were talking about that yesterday...

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home