Saturday, January 21, 2006

life is crazy

thanks all for the comments. i'm glad you all enjoyed my shuckleberries story : )

so, life just got super crazy for me. my cousin- the one who lives in LA, was in my wedding, and has the 3 boys- (the oldest one just stayed with me over xmas break). well, her kids got taken away and are now in my "custody." as in i'm their foster mom. looooong story, but basically their baby, who's 8 months, broke his arm and leg at his daycare. but since they- the daycare- aren't admitting to it, protective services, social services, whatever it is, took them away from their parents. how that makes sense, i don't know. all of the boys are in perfect health, never had any sort of broken anything ever. she's had a bunch of trouble with the daycare, and had already given them her two weeks cause she decided she was just going to stay home with them. its the most ridiculous horrible situation. no one can believe it. i could go on and on, but i'm not going to cause i'm exhausted. we got the boys this morning and they were happy to see us. they like "visiting" our house and they got to see their parents for a little bit today too.
anyways, i don't want to do any sad posts, but just wanted yall to know what i'm doing and where i might be if i go mia.
hope to be back soon
xo kat : )

19 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

OMG! I will be praying for you and your family. I hope everything works out.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I can't think of a better place for the kids to be. I'm sure you're taking great care of them.
Hang in there!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Raina* said...

Wow yeah, if something ever happened and I was in the stupid situation that your cousin was in, I'd want someone like you to take care of my children too.

Now, I'm sure Shuckleberries is nothing like the sort of place your cousin's children were being 'taken care of' at, but I'm soo petrified of daycares. Even more now...how does a bay break an arm and leg? And the parent gets the blame?

7:54 AM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

at least they are with you and not a stranger until this works out. Stay calm and if you need to vent out, give me a call, I am always here to listen!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. Those kids are so lucky to have family like you to go to. Good luck with everything. Hopefully that sketchy daycare gets caught. Your cousin must be so greatful to have you and Steve!

9:39 AM  
Blogger justem said...

Hugs to you :) At least they are safe with you while they get this all sorted out!! Keep us updated.

6:02 PM  
Blogger monica said...

You are such a sweet person!! Good luck with this, I hope everything works out for the best.

2:28 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

Holy cow Kat! What a blessing that you are there for them and can help out in this situation. Hang in there.. I know you can do it!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh wow Kat. I'm really praying for ya to have the strength to deal with such a sudden change! I'm so so so glad that they got to come stay with you though, you'll do sucha wonderful job in taking care of them.

You'll do great sweetie, and try to update when you can! We'll be thinking about you! :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Wow, thats crazy! I'm so sorry about the situation for all of you, but the boys are lucky to have you and Steve there for them. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts/prayers. xo

10:26 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

I am glad you get to care for them, since their parents can't. Let me know if you need anything...

12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Take care Kat!!! What a huge responsablilityy, hope all works out well in the end for ya girlie.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

6:08 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

wow. that's craziness. good luck!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope things are going well all the way over there in Cali. Sounds like you're doing a wonderful thing and those kids are probably having a blast with you!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

This is horrible!! I hope everything works out!! Good thing the boys have you and your husband for help and love!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Blimey!

4:27 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT!!! THANK GOD YOU ARE ABLE TO BE THERE FOR THEM!!! DEFINITELY HANG IN THERE! I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT! =)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sounds like a crazy situation, but you seem like you are doing everything in your power to make it positive for the kids. Good luck with everthing!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

wow! My hubby's family has just gone a very similar situation. You are one amzing lady!
they are lucky to have you there.
good luck with everything. prayers to you.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home