Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2005 in review...........

is it seriously 2006? that sounds so crazy to say! i graduated 7 years ago, insane. i'm totally an adult now, crazy.
anyways, i had a good day yesterday. beside the fact that we found out we have a leak in our upstairs bathroom, the pouring rain was a nice change. i can only handle rain for like a day, cause i get sooooooooooo lazy! i took a nice long bath, then i scrapbooked! i got one of my "challenges" done! yeah me! its what i struggle with. kinda vauge journaling, but i know what it means
(not the best scan, sorry)
also did a few other layouts, check them out at my 2peas account
got my resolutions/goals page done, and a wedding one. also started on my circle journal! for those of you who don't already know, i'm doing a circle journal with the pea-utiful ladies i met on 2peas, i'm soooo excited! all you ladies seem fabulous and i can't wait to get all the cj's in the mail : )
also, they tagged me, so i get to do my year in review for you all! (this could be a good journaling for a layout........)

2005 In Review
JANUARY
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year? i think i did, and it was something wedding related i'm sure.
2. Who kissed you at midnight? my sexy hubby steve..........
3. Did it snow where you live? nope
.4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop? no, and i think it may be too crazy for me................
5. Big January Events: our house was bought! escrow closed at the end of the month

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine? once again, my sexy hubby steve
2. What did your valentine get you? we don't really do gifts for valentines. this year we tried to make fondue, and that was just a big disaster...........
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class? i made them baby! and i remember one time when i may a whole bunch, and some little boy said that mine was too big. i was soooooooo crushed. i still remember how much thtat hurt my feelings : (
ok, and there was no #4, but i'm adding it. i moved into my house! i looooove my new home : )

MARCH
1. Are you Irish? hell yeah! and proud of it!
.2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day? of COURSE, otherwise you'd get pinched. come on now people..........
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day? usually i make corn beef and cabbage, drink green beer and do irish car bombs. this year though, steve had some school event and i had to study for a test. but i did have a green beer and i made this yummy pesto pizza (it was green!) for me and my study buddy
4. Big March Events: hmmm, don't really remember...... well, i guess on the 30th it was the one year anniversery of me and steve getting engaged

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain? when i can stay inside and be lazy all day, yes. but i can only handle it for a little bit......
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year? No, but steve totally got me. he does every year. we were in texas, and he told me that he got a call from brinks saying that our alarm went off and the police had to break in the house to see if anyone was there. what a turd.
3. Big April Events: we went to texas, fun fun, and my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, i am serious about my bday. i had a roaring 2o's party, so much fun! i love april : )

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower? hmmm, i don't know. i like pretty ones that smell good ?
2. Do you like the spring? Yes, its my favorite season by far!
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring..." may flowers! yay, i got that one right!
4. What would you think of as a spring color? anything pastel
5. Big May Events: i finished school with strait "A's" baby, my bachelorette party- soooooooooooo crazy! (i was hung over for 2 days...........)

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school? 1999! And we did party like it was 1999! havne't finished college yet. one day.........
2. Did you go on any vacations last June? we went up to santa barbara for solstice, i think that was june.. other than that we didn't have much time- it was getting close to crunch time for the wedding!
3. Big June Events: wedding planning, we went camping on the beach, too, that was fun

JULY
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? i was in iowa, my favorite place to be for 4th of july! which is one of my fav holidays. Steve drove a tractor in the parade!
.2. Did you go on any vacations during this month? iowa

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer? um, yeah, got married! then went on a fabulous honeymoon!!!!
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05? getting married, and having the crazines sof wedding planning finally over!!!!
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer? i actucally did bust out my bikini, cause i finally lost all that weight i wanted to! (yeah, getting married is a great motivator.........)
4. Did you go to the beach a lot? a few times. we went camping once

SEPTEMBER
1. Did you attend school/college in '05? Nope, but i will next sememster!
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher? i have a bunch. but i kept in touch wiht my 6th grade math teacher, ms. levy, for a long time
3. Did you like fall better than summer? no, cause then steve has to go to work again!

OCTOBER
1. What was your favorite halloween costume ever? me and my girlfriends were fly girls one year. sooooooooooooooooo funny! we got a boom box and played the "in living color" music and made up a dance with all these 90's moves. awesome
2. What's your favorite candy? Chocolate.
3. What did you dress up like this year? i was a devil. not too creative......

NOVEMBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving? My parents. in iowa. and steve's whole family came too. crazy times!
2. Do you like stuffing? not a big stuffing fan.........
3. What are you thankful for? steve, my family and my friends, my health.

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Yes, yes i do
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe? yes! i make sure to get a kiss under mistloe every year............
3. Do you like cold weather?not so much. sometimes its ok, but only when i'm visiting it
4. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10? it was a pretty dang good year. i'd give it a 10 + +!!!
5. Big December Events: had the most insane month of the year! and totally gained WAY to much weight with all the holiday festivities.............

Pea-u-tiful CJ Bloggers, you've been tagged! (those that haven't done it)
or whoever hasn't done it and wants to! its fun

hopefully i'll be able to get pics up when i get back from tahoe. till then, have a fabulous first week of 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I love that super fun and colorful page (I already saw it and commented on 2Peas!) and the wedding one is gorgeous! I gotta do some Pea time soon to look and praise!

I liked your fun survey and read all the answers. xo

3:00 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Sounds like you had a great year! Hope 2006 is just as Fabulous!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hope the leaky bathroom gets taken care of. We've yet to face our first drama as home-owners. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

LOVE the latest on 2peas.

6:17 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

So so so excited about the circle journal, I think our group seems totally awesome!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Levi said...

cant wait to see some fabulous pea recipies


i smell tacos

7:41 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Good stuff. Congrats on being married this year, very fun. I am looking at having a shotgun wedding myself at some point this year. haha.

Scott

8:16 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

Kat.. I LOVE that page!!! Great work. I need to high-tale over to 2Peas to check out the other one's you mentioned. So glad we've become scrapping internet buds this year. =)

7:16 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That page is SO adorable! I love it! I will be praising it on two peas soon...

Loved your list!!! :)

8:09 AM  
Blogger monica said...

How cool was that LO, this is my new fave of yours but then again I already said that. Happy New Year!!1

12:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great post!!! Love that layout :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

i loved them pages you posted at 2Ps! whoo hoO!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Love the review of the year, and all the pages. Awesome!!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home