Monday, December 19, 2005

lotsa lotsa pics

so i've been promising my decoration pics for awhile. delays with getting them up, and then being attached by visiting brothers haven slowed me down. but here they are! they arent the best quality, cause our little camera sucks, but they'll have to do for now:
first, our house! yeah! the third palm tree is supposed to be light up too, but that strand was funky. they'll fix it later. next year we're going to put lights on the second floor, too. do'nt know how, but we're gonna do it darn and it'll look awesome! here's w/no flash:
and with a flash:

and now, our tree! the pic is totally blurry, but all the dark ones are. anywyas, its tall and big and beautiful! (like me, lol- j/k) and it smells sooooo good! we don't have enough decorations for it though, have to work on it. we just got a bunch of those cheap bulb decoration for filler


our staircase (i'm SO excited to be able to do this!)


the manager set. i'm soooo lucky to have this one! my great grandma made it for my mom a loooong time ago (before i was born). i think it was some sort of kit that you painted? anyways, i love this manger set. i remember me and my brothers go to set it up, and we ususally tried to stuff everyone and every animal inside it. and i always loved baby jesus cause he's soooo little! i still was excited to set him up this year, too cute. and note the angels behind the manager? yeah, they're supposed to be hoovering in the air ; )


our fireplace, nothing that exciting. we have to add the rest of my families stockings when they get here. and i should have decorated it more, but i ran out of stuff and didn't want to make another trip. oh,and i looooove my stocking! my mom made it for me when i was a baby, i could probably have fit in it its sooo big. loooove it : ) (even though it says katie, and i haven't gone by that for almost 20 years now.......)

ok, and this is me being the BIGGEST dork. like 3 years ago i saw these in a craft magazine and thought they were sooooo cute! too complicated for teh preschoolers (unless i pretty much made them myself) but i made them anways. they're carolers made out of paper towel and toliet paper rolls, then used little kid socks for their hats......... i'm such a tool

i've been collecting nutcrackers since i was super duper little. i looove them! and i go to the nutcracker every year, and i can't wait to go on the 23rd this year! dudaduduudadoooo do (thats me humming the songs) anyways, i have 15 total, just 14 in this picture. i could totally do a post just on my nutcrackers. anyways, so here's a pic of them


some fun decorations around the house:

ok, so just 2 pics. now for teh xmas tree decorations! just a few. the snowman steve just got from one of his students, the santa we got at scandanvian days in ventura 2 years ago, the blue bulb? yeah, made that at one of those pottery places where you can paint stuff. i tried to make it look all cool and UCSB colors and made one for allmy college girlfriends. but you can't really see the yellow. damn. and its really heavy, but i can't just throw it away. memories......... the snowflake we got last year from my mom. its crystal, and so very pretty! then the pickle is like the most random decoration ever. steve picked it out at target when we went. we each picked one. i picked something normal, and he picks the pickle. he doesn't even eat pickles! (i'm the pickle lover in the family). but its cool.







and last but not least we have the angel. another decoration i don't know how i got so lucky to have, my great grandma crocheted (sp?) this way before i was born. i love it! and nothign else looks right on top of a tree to me. before i had it i had bougth a mini angel that looked somewhat similar to it. i love it


thats all for now. hope you enjoyed! sorry for the yucky quality............. i'll try to keep posting somewhat regularly, but if i go MIA its cause of all my visiting family......... happy monday all, just 6 more days till christmas! : )

9 Comments:

Blogger darcy said...

Yeah, KAT!! Love the Christmas pictures! The staircase is my favorite. =) So wish we lived somewhere that we could light up PALM TREES in our front yard! But, since you are a midwestern girl, I know you've experienced this 6 DEGREE weather that we've been having. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

you are adorable. i love all of your stuff, even if you think you're a tool. ;) so funny. your house looks adorable, i love the decorated palm trees! have fun at the nutcracker! i hope you have fun with all of your family too! if you don't blog again until then, MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS!!! :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Kat, I love all the pictures. Your house looks great! I love that crocheted angel. I think I might have to make myself one of those. ;) Have a Merry Christmas!

3:32 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

Love your pictures. The pickle is one of my favorite ornaments... around here it is a tradition (I think it is German) to have the pickle ornament "hidden" on Christmas eve and then the person who finds it gets a special Christmas prize. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
angie

4:33 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

Love, love, love this post Kat. That tree-top angel is gorgeous, and I've totally been on the look-out for a pickle but can't seem to find one around here! Merry Christmas!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love all of your decorating pics!!! I have a pickle on my tree too :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

you have a nice collection of nutcrackers!! I collect Black Santas and/or angels...

Love your decorations!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger justem said...

Your decorations look great!! I wish I had a fireplace! I'm from the pea-u-tiful cj...fun blog :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Your house looks so warm and cozy, love all those pictures!!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home