Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving highlights & some ramblings by me

Ok, so this will mostly be pictures.
anyways, what I most pulled out of thanksgiving this year? Our camera sucks. See, I bought it for Steve last Christmas. He just wanted a simple point and shoot. He's not Mr. Photographer, just a simple camera he could put in his pocket and bust out whenever: snowboarding, playing poker, or weekend adventures. I bought it for him, excited to have a simple little camera for when we "went out" and didn't have to lug along my bigger, fancier one. Then I broke that one. It was Olympus camedia c-5050, lens F1.8, 5 mega pixels, an $800 camera when I bought it almost 3 years ago. and it took some pretty awesome pictures. Then, of course, I break it. I'm surprise it happened when I was completely sober. Not some random drunken party, or when one of my little preschoolers tried to play with it. No, just me dropping it (but, on my defense, this really weird guy was like trying to hit on me, and I was all confused and didn't know what to do. Wasn't really paying attention to the fact that I stuck my camera under my arm opposed to strapping it over my shoulder like I usually do, and was trying to slyly slip away. So much for that idea. DAMN!) so anyways, thinking of asking for my nice camera for my bday (in April, only 4 months)
there were so many things I wanted to capture this thanksgiving. My parents farm was still being put together after their barn fire 2 months ago. But we had my grandparents over one night, and they were both looking healthy and as wonderful as ever. I was trying to get some pics of my grandpa when he was laughing, but the stupid camera either made them really dark or really blurry. Wanted to get some great cameos during thanksgiving dinner, or of the farm, or of anything really. but this camera just isn't up for that. I did get a few some what ok pics, here they are:
so yeah, everyone has to take the pic of the turkey. But ya know what I think? The turkey is actually kinda gross looking. i mean, i'm all about cooking it and eating, but seriously, i really don't want to be reminded about how it was alive. "hey, ya wanna wing or a leg?" um, ewwwww


ok, this picture is awesome. have you ever seen any one so excited to eat pie? this is my younger bro chris, so stoked to dig in (an he's on his knees, he's not short. Just wanted to get down to the same level as the pies. ............... ?????)




random shot taken on "my farm" which is actually a farm my dad bought in my name as an investment. sounds weird, but actually an incredibly good idea. but my dad is smart like that. anyways, this is a piece of farm equitment from who knows when. old stuff is always fun to take pics of




this is a pic of me and the new kitten: cicsle. Pronounced "sea- sul" yeah, weird name, i know. my parents are random like that. our 2 dogs are toby (totally normal dog name that the whole family got to choose cause we were all still living at home) and Cedric. Seriously, who names their dog Cedric????? My parents are totally going senile, but don't worry, they are totally aware of that fact : ) so this is a pic of me and the kitten. He's kinda a spaz, and never stays still, so we had to take the pic of him with someone holding him. and keep in mind people, i am NOT a cat person. besides the fact that i'm allergic, they freak the shit out of me. They have those sharp claws, and aren't afraid to use them. and they will and do bite. and they're bad luck. But when they're kittens, they're cute to look at. but this cicsle (which i am totally spelling wrong, sorry) was sooooo sweet. he loved to be held, and he totally thougth he was a jaguar. all black with a black nose. he would flare out his claws- but never once use them to scratch. and when you picked him up he would lean back to get you to scratch his neck. all the while, purring. and he would play with you, with out ever biting or scratching. he would jump from lap to lap, then claw his way up the back of the couch to jump on your shoulder (and thats why he is no longer a house cat. Now he's a barn cat)
couldn't get any good pics of him, so here's a horrible pic of me holding him.



ok, and i was playing old school nintendo. Like OLD school. back in elementary days. love this stuff! me and anne (my little bro's gf) were busting it out. crappy pic that i tried to take of the screen.........


this next pic is just proving the point of "we need a good camera" besides the fact that i can never take a pic of my bro greg and his gf anne, and when i do his eyes are ALWAYS closed (seriously, i think that he has some "ohmygodtheresacameraimustclosemyeyes disease) and then when i finally do get a good one, it all freaking blurry. so this is greg (eyes close) and his cute girlfriend. would be great if it werent' blurry, grrr.......



shopping on black friday with my cousins britta & quinn (twins). this pic is just me and quinn. bought very minimal, considering i am making no money so i really don't have any to spend..........


iowa has the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. no smog to get in the way, and if you're at the farm, you can see for miles (especially when the crop is all gone for the seaon) we took a few walks down the water way (which is a path down in the fields, between where the crops would be.) heres' a pic of me and Steve- and don't worry, I'm not really the size of Texas, its just 2 scarfs, a HUGE sweater and jacket. and then another scarf wrapped around my head, and one down my jacket. not looking so sexy............. but the sunsets are AMAZING




so thats my weekend. but i do have to say, though most of it was perfect- all our families got along famously until grandma adams said something to grandma thompson about being swedish (and my grandma thompson is norweidgen, and being called a swedish is a total insult, to actually most scandinavions.) other than that it was great. the only thing that REALLY sucked was that i was planning on gettin together wiht one of my best friends rachel, it was all set, saturday we'd hang out, she'd stay at the farm, ladi da, then yeah- she just doesn't show up. doesn't call, doesn't text, doestn' email. hear i am, all excited to see one of my best friends, and she totally flaked. so that really sucked and put a damper on my weekend. blah.

but on exciting news, i just found a lo of my friend jessie in ck magazines jan issues. i was soooooo excited! i didn't realize that she was in the magazine, but then i was flipping through and saw a lo i recognized! so a HUGE congrats to jessie. i swear that she'll be making books and all sorts of goo d things too. She's totally famous, girlfriend I have to get your siggie soon : ) (sorry, had to toot your horn for ya!)
check out her lo's at http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=102693 even though everyone who checks out my blogs alreayd knows her........ but yeah, shes' awesome and cool and a fun chick : ) we actually are goign to get together this week to do a photo shoot- and once i get some "me" pics i'll be able to do my dares!!!!!!!!

so this is a totally long and random post by yours truly. hope you all enjoyed : ) : )

4 Comments:

Blogger Muriel said...

Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving. The pies looked pretty good too me too.

9:15 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Cool photos especially the old school nintendo one, hehehe. Looks like you had a great time.

9:22 AM  
Blogger melanie said...

That skyline is seriously gorgeous. Sounds like you had a great holiday!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I love all your pictures! The one of you and Steve all bundled up is super cute!

Thanks for shout-out. You made me blush. hehe I can't wait for our photoshoot! xo

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home