Friday, November 18, 2005

i love my wine

so thanks for the dares & challenges for scrapbooking. hopefully i'll get some done before i leave to iowa for thanksgiving.
wanted to post about my current fav wine
in case you don't know, i'mm a total wino. i love the taste, the complexity, the way it mellows me out, how much there is to learn about it, and the sophistication of wine. i'm defiently a red wine woman, but i do enjoy white every once in awhile. especially when its hot out, a nice charadonnay is bomb. at least once a year steve and i have a wine tasting party, which is fun. we play games and i give away cool prizes. i wish someone would invite me toa party like that! : ) steve and i have a little wine cellar thats actually a cabnet, and only about 12 bottles that we're aging. we also got a case of "chateau preiure-lichine" 1996 margaux from my dad for our wedding. the head table drank a few bottles, we took one on our honeymoon, and each year we're going to open a bottle and see how it changes. how cool is that? and i've posted before about the bottle my dad got when i was born for when i was married. it was a emperial size, so basically like 5 bottles of wine in one gigantic one. had some friends over one night and we all drink and were merry. it was good times. and i'm not a wine snob. i'll drink cheap wine if it tastes good, but i also appreciate an expensive one. i'm learning the lingo and ways wine are different, etc, but i'm no conussiur (sorry, don't know how to spell that). anyways, thats me and wine in a nutshell. (that totally makes me think of austin powers "no, this is me in a nutshell 'help, im in a nutshell.'" hahhaah! i'm such a dork)
anyways, right now i'm into cabernet sauvignon. i love saying it too, i sound like such a snob. saugingNON. my 2 current faves that are affordable:
Toasted Head Cabernet Sauvignon. about a $15 bottle, and very mellow tasting. soft. defiently the classic cab fruitness, but not tangy. and it wold be good with chocolate. mmmmmm . the lable is really random, this bear blowing fire out of it. but its what caught my eye (BUT never buy a bottle just cause of the lable! just like don't judge a book by its cover. but i do it anyway, the wine pro's just say not to) but i guess there is some history to it. i won't bore you all with it,but you can check out their site if you're really interested www.toastedhead.com and here's a pic of the random label

right now you can get it at vons for about $11

a cheaper and totally different cab i'm also into is twin fin. the label has this convertable with a surfboard sticking out of it. very cali. its about $7. its more tangy and needs to be decanted or left to breathe a bit so its not so sharp, but its fun to drink cause you can taste the change of the wine. sometimes i'll have a glass one night and let the bottle sit overnight and the next night drink the rest and its totally more mellow. very cool how that happens. they do'nt have a website, so i can't post a pic of it

and jess- i totally love la creme chardonnay! like butta.......

hope you all enjoy my wine post. now i'm going to make my sexy hubbie a romantical dinner and we'll drink wine from our honeymoon wine tasting extravaganza in sb wine country. oh! and i've been *tagged* by jessie, so i'm so excited to post that soon! until then, cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

I'm not a wine drinker, mostly because I don't know anything about it. But I might just have to try these out. Thanks for the info. =)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

please say you don't drink merlot....I hear it is for amaeturs...I rhink you'll be out of town, but we are tasting on 11/27 in Temecula if you wanna come...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I LOVE that you posted this because this past weekend I picked up a bottle of the Toasted Head- soooo good! I really liked it for the price and so did everyone else who had it. You should do wine posts more often! xo

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home