Friday, October 28, 2005

sore legs & cheesy books

so that workout did totally kick my ass yesterday. my legs and butt are sooooo soar! but i guess its a good hurt, right?
anyways, i decided to do a book blog everytime i finish a book. for those of you who don't know, i'm an avid cheesy mystery/murder book reader. i like to read quality too, sometimes- but i love these books where you just totally get lost and odn't have to analyze everything. steve's mom has gotten me into it, and just gives me all her old books. so i rarely even chose the books, i just read what i get ; )

my favorite authors are:
Dan Brown, love allll his books, espeically The DaVinci Code- read it like a bazillion times. don't knwo what i think of tom hanks being robert langdon though........

Karen Kijewski (don't know how to pronouce her name) and the Kat Colorado series. yes, i did start reading the series cause she has the same name as me. but theyre fun books and not cheesy. does have a little love story going on, but a realistic one. not like some romance where they have amazing ridiculous sex 20 times a day and fall in love after an hour. those bug

Maya Angelou. She's just amazing. her story, her life. and i saw her read before- her voice is sooo captivating.

John Steinbeck, namely Of Mice and Men. Totally makes me cry. and the first book i ever had to read in school that i really loved.

ok, so like i said, i want to do this each time i finish a book. since i'm not in a book club or anything, and have no one to really talk to about my books, i'll just do it here. so if you do'nt care, just dont' read it. it'll be short though, promise
BAIT by Karen Robards
defiently scary and "thrilling" but the romance aspect was a little too unbelivable for me. i'm such a cynic (sp?) when it comes to romance i guess, even though i'm in love and marrried and happy. whatever. but it was scary and the plot did pull me in. Basically about this woman who is attacked by a serial killer and survives, and the FBI use her as "bait" to find him again. good times. defiently the scariest book i've read since my "peeping ron" incident..
and thats that. yea weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Muriel said...

Do you read Mary Higgins Clark...I used to love her mysteries.

Dan Brown is a very nice read. I have Angels and Demons to read at home. I don't know about Tom Hanks either.

I went to the library yesterday and got Maya Angelou's book on cd...it is like the 3rd or 4th volume of her autobiograpghy....

I got soo many books...I am putting myself on a read plan. I must finish reading A Million Little Pieces by next Wednesday, so I can start all the other crap I got. You gotta have goals right.

Oh yeah I techinically am supposed to be in a class on BN Univerisity about Son of a Witch, starting next week...It is a book by the guy who wrote Wicked...

Have fun reading!!!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

ooooh I love this. I'm such a big reader too. I just read a book in 2 nights and I'm almost done with another! xo

3:33 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

I have such a wild imagination, I think reading "thrillers" about serial killers would seriously keep me up at night!

Thanks for the comments on my blog!!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home