Wednesday, March 01, 2006

balance

how do you find it?
seriously. this is always something i've had trouble with: balancing life. balancing work and play, friends and family, etc. how do you figure out what to give more "weight" to and what isn't as important? and figure out what is fun, what is fun and important and whats just a waste of time? when do you say no? there are so many things to do, things i want to do, things i have to do. how do you find a balance? how do you find time to take care of yourself, your family, your friends, your house, etc.
between what i like to do- scrapbook, read, computer stuff (blog, 2peas, myspace, email,etc), and freakin realax. spending time w/my hubbie, my friends, my family. and being sure to give enough attention to each.- and what i have to do - work, clean, cook, taxes, etc, etc, all the boring stuff but i HAVE to do it, and all the stuff in between like working out and being sure to eat healthy and being social and looking ok and worrying about what others think and getting a decent amount of sleep yeah, you get the idea.....
how do you find a balance
like i said, always been somehthing i've tried to figure out. i always forget about me time. not so much that i forget about it, i just don't leave time for it. so how do i do that and not feel guilty about everything else?
granted right now i'm not exactly in a normal situation, and its only temporary, but its still been something i've been thinking about alot. balancing everything. it can be another stressor! just something that has been on my mind
so yeah, i dropped my class. the one that i was probably failing anyways. i have so much going on, what would the point be to add something else to stress about, ya know? it took me a long time to finally drop it, and now that i did i'm so glad i did.
last night i went to the gym and took a nice long bubble bath, but did that instead of scrapbook or watch some tv show or whatever.
i did have a little break down the other day and sat in my closet on the phone with my best friend crying. but it felt good to get it out
just slowly but surely working on finding balance. if anyone has any great ideas, would love to hear them (like anyone know how to freeze time like on that show? would you like to swing on a star, wooo ooo oo ???? )

***************************************************

now on to more fun stuff. no more complaining about how i'm stressed, cause seriously, thats like my middle name
so, since i was just talking about how i'm stressed and can never find the time to do anything, i decided to be a dumb ass and get addicted to myspace. seriously, its like a freakin drug! omg, so much fun stalking highschool people and seeing how everyone looks! luckily no one really knows my new name, so they probably won't find me. actually though a really good friend of mine from highschool DID just find me, and that was a good thing and i'm so excited.
but anyways, i'm addicted, and i need "new friends" lol. i always feel so silly asking people to be my friend. anywyas, so if anyone else is addicted, check me out here and be my friend : )

i also have a new full time baby at my preschool. but he comes at 6:30 in the morning. thats freakin early. but hey, its full time and good money WHICH I NEED, so its cool. plus i still have teh boys so i'm usually up around then anyways.
its so funny to have this new baby, baby Blake, and see him next to baby Josh (my cousin). dude, baby Josh is a fat mo fo! he's huge! but so cute and cuddly. its just really funny, cause my new baby is sooooooooooo freakin tiny (he was a premie) its just weird to call them both babies............. but i love babies. sooo much fun and cute.

yeah, totally happy that bachelor man dr. chose sara. good job homie. and how bad do i feel for george on grey's anatomy? oy! could not believe it!

ok, so seriously, i have much to do. who knows how long baby blake will be asleep. gots to get some taxes done (YUCK!!!!) must.get.done.NOW

have a fabulous wednesday (oooh, LOST is on tonight!!!!)

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have no idea how I balance everything. One day at a time ... that's for sure. Hopefully you can figure the balance of life out ... and let me know ;) Have a great day!

3:46 PM  
Blogger justem said...

I know exactly how you feel w/the balance issue...though you have way more going on in your life than I do!!

I added you as my myspace friend...though I'll admit I don't do too much on there!!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Balance? Sorry I don't have that answer. =(

You watch Lost and Grey's Anatomy?
See I knew I liked you. =)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

taxes...eww....do you have to??? (I can whine about yours,but it sure doesn't help with mine, now does it??)

10:23 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

Balance is something I struggle with too.. I have no advice for you cuz I'm failing at that right now. All I know is that I am happy that you went to the gym and took a bubble bath.. just for YOU!!! Proud of you. =)

LOST was like girl power last night! who-ho!!!!!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Jill H said...

if anyone had an easy answer on how to find balance, they'd make oodles of $$$ selling it!!! baby steps, i say...just try to squeeze in a couple of fun things for you everyday, even if they're small like a bubble bath =) that helps. gosh, it sounds like you've got a lot of your plate, i'm sending happy~vibes your way!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I used to go back and forth between doing everything and then getting burnt out and doing nothing. I've learned that I'm a happy person when I have down time. I like sometime to myself during the day. I like to be able to keep things clean and orderly if I'm too busy and this doesn't happen I just get crazier. So, I've tried to do only what I love and what makes me happy. I definetly feel like Cancer is a cause I want to fight for so I will do relay for life. I have to go back to school, but I will NOT take tons of classes at once. In other words do what you love and try to balance those have to do things with things you like to do. I think that may be even more confusing.
I think George(Grey's)has finally gotten some balls. I think it sucks that what happened happened, but thank goodness he needed to get over Meredith. She is soooo not right for him. I'm not sure that the other dr who gave him her digits is though either...

10:54 AM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

I TOTALLY FEEL THE SAME WAY YOU DO, LIFE CAN BE STRESSFUL AND THERE AREN'T ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY TO POSSIBLY DO EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO... AND THE LITTLE BREAKDOWN IS A GOOD THING, YOU NEED TO GET IT OUT OF YOU!

WOO-HOO ON THE BACHELOR CHOOSING SARAH, I WAS SO PSYCHED!!!!! =)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Levi said...

I CANT DO IT. It honestly stresses me out to no end lately. I think I take it out on others or feel taken advantage of. People say to jsut do your best but when I look around at clothes on the floor, dishes in the sink, piles of mail, then I say I'm not doing my best and that's when I start freaking out. I can't manage full-time work, a boyfriend, a dog, bad roommates, car problems, bills, cleaning and time to myself that I desperately need all at once. I need a Life Planner LOL

1:06 PM  
Blogger Muriel said...

you should go to a accountant for that tax stuff....house right offs, tution paid, student loan interest, charity deductions, business info... = way too much for us to handle...

my advice is delegation..not that I have been doing much of that either...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

I don't think we find balance without stressing ourselves out first. I'm never a planner, I like to just go with it. So I find balance usually by 4 in the morning and that's when I get to do everything. (That's why if anyone ever call me before 10am is DEAD!!!)

Great to hear about the new baby. They are all so cute before they learn how to talk back to you. LOL. Sorry, having a 5 years old is making me cynical sometimes. When she started to tell me "mom, do you enjoy being fat?". What can you do besides cry.

I've browse on myspace only a few time, I'm thinking about signing up too! Once I do I'll add you as a friend.

Hugs - Michelle

3:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i am with you on the whole balance issue..
seriously I am having friends getting "mad" at me, because I don't have time for them..
lucky for me my hubbie has class 3 nights a week and i don't work.
I go to the gym, so that is me time, and when the kiddo naps, I scrap or gab on the phone or both!
weekends are for hubby time, we try and set a date night each weekend!
as far as friends, it is real hard...some times you have to cut back!
just some advice ..take it or leave it!! HA.
yay for T picking Sarah, but i am doubting it will last!
yay for a new baby =)

7:06 PM  
Blogger monica said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Balance, that's something I've come to a conclusion about...I'll never have it. It's very difficult and I don't think any one person will ever master it. Keep your head up!! =)

I like what you wrote about the 'fat mo fo' baby, you're too damn funny KAT!!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I totally know what you mean...balancing everything is hard. I'm find a little difficult right now too, with all the wedding stuff, work, friends, family andmy soon to be hubby...but I agree with what lex said, take it one day at a time, that's the only way!! Don't worry, eveyrthing works out eventually!! YAY for getting another client for you prescool!! So awesome, but 6:30am is early!! Hope your having an awesome weekend!! Might email you later for details about Hawaii, places to go, scrapping shops and hotels!! :)

3:52 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

Sorry it took me so long to get to this post - I have been thinking about what you wrote a lot this week. I have been struggling with the same things -- how do I do what I want and what I need? UGH> I think the way to do it is to find happiness where you can take it. LIke I do not have time for these CJ's but it means so much to my mood and has been a real pick me up. I have needed some different friends and people to connect with - it has engergized me and in doing that, I get more done of what i NEED to do. Good luck and if you find the big answer, let me know.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Balance is SO hard. Hugs to you sweetie.

Yay for baby Blake.

Oh, I'm so sad for George too. Wah. I love him. He's so adorable. :(

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home