Monday, March 13, 2006

dental disasters

ok, so maybe i'm being a bit dramatic. but still. i started doing this post yesterday about how fabulous a day it was (I think i may have a new full time student, now i think i may have jinxed myself....), never got a chance to finish it, then i went to the dentist. yeah. see, growing up i was so good at going to the dentist. every 6 months. never had a cavity. then i got to college. my freshman year i just went home. but then my family had their midlife crisis (or my dad did anyways) and decide to buy a farm in iowa. so much for going home for the dentist............. and it toook me like 2 years before i finally got a dentist out there. i didnt' like him much, but whatever. then i opened my preschool and didn't really have time to go back. ok, long story short, i haven't been to the dentist in like 3 years. and my mouth is apparently mad at me for that. soooooo much work that needs to be done, and dude- its not cheap. this is my first time having to pay for the dentist by myself, i just realized. yeah. and the insurance doesn't help all that much, i'm still $1000 out!!!!! damn it jim.............

so anyways, on to my weekend

this was steve and my first weekend home alone for almost 3 months!!!!! my family was here for the holidays, and then it wasn't even a full week till the boys got here. so we decided to just be at home and be super mellow. and when i say mellow i mean lazy, and just sit on our arses and watch movies and tv. worked out with the weather, too, cause it was insane! it hailed off and on all day. steve says he doesn't remember seeing hail in like 10 years. it was pretty crazy. here are the fab pics* i took of the hail (*note the sarcasm. why we even tried, i don't know.......)








yeah, so you can't even see the hail. i'm such a dork.............

so friday night we watched cinderella man, shared a bottle of wine (still loving my Toasted Head Cabernet Sauvingon) and went to bed early. we're such an old married couple already............ saturday night we had some friends over for margaritas- woo hoo! so ms kat got drunk and passed out on the couch. good times......

not exactly the cutest pose.......................


love me and steve, being dorks playing card games............ Sunday night we watched Sopranos. OMG Soooooo freakin good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wowza. i'm stoked for this season. i do miss the Santa Barbara days when we would get together with a bunch of friends to watch, but thats cool. it was an awesome show, and now i really want sushi..............
then i watched that show Big Love. wow. very interesting. always wondered the lifestyle of people with multiple wives. maybe its cause i'm just not good at sharing, but i don't think i could share my husband with anyone else........

ok, so now i just have to finish my taxes. then i'm hoping to finally get back to scrapbooking!!! i just got the latest BHG Scrapbooking, Etc. Mag, and it has an article on balance. artistic balance, but still balance. and i'm still trying to find a way to balance everything................
keep you fingers crossed for me that the little boy decides to come full time (or his parents decide anyway)
have a fab tuesday, and keep you eyes open for the first of my fabulous friends post

13 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I'm glad you had so much fun this weekend! Yay! Getting drunk and passing out on the couch is awesome! A couple of weeks ago I passed out on my couch with the video game controler still in my hand! Bwahahahaha!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So glad to hear you had a weekend "alone"! Sounds like you kids had fun.

Good luck with the new boy, I hope he is a full-timer!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oooohhh...dentists freak me out. My mom actually has to take tranquilizers or the dentist won't see her. She must have passed it on. I haven't been since college. Bad bad bad. Sounds like you had a relaxing and fun weekend minust the hail.
Don't you love weekends like that?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i love how GREEN everything is!!
love that you could party like rockstars.. everyonce in awhile.. you need a good night!
YAY for the whole balance thing.. thought of you when I read it..
theres some good stuff in there..
now, just apply it???!!!
sending good vibes for the newbie!!

11:43 AM  
Blogger monica said...

So you passed out this weekend too, just like my hubbie. hehehe!!!

I'm glad you guys had some alone time and the ability to just chill, you two needed that.

The dentist, I hate the dentist, I think they just want our money! =)

12:25 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Glad to hear everything is going good and you got some time to relax.
I actually had my first glass of wine this weekend. {I'm more of a beer and margaritas type of girl} It was good. So good that I had 2 glasses!

Big Love...That was a weird show. I liked it though. I'll be watching on Sunday.

I hope you get your full-timer.
=)

1:55 PM  
Blogger justem said...

I know all about that dentist business...ick! Isn't it great to just have a weekend to yourself!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hooray for weekends at home! Sounds like a great time.

Good luck with the future student (and the dental work).

3:07 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Movies, wine, alont-time... sounds like a great, AWESOME weekend - but EEEEEK on the Dentist thing!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

dental stuff is expansive for sure!!! ugh (victim here)

We need to get together asap! I want to take pictures of you! lol. You are just too cute!

oh yeah! Wasn't that good. And Tony... ahhhhhh... Sushi looks so good. We didn't make it today to go there for lunch or dinner. Will make that a priority tomorrow.

Cross the fingers for you!

Michelle

11:34 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

I think dentist ROLL in money.. they've got to for how much their crap appointments cost. =/ I'm sorry!!!

So glad you got a weekend to yourself! Did you almost forget how to relax? Glad you figured it out. =)

YES, you need to start scrapping!! Show us your work!!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh the dentist :(

Glad you had a good weekend!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

your backyard looks so different....

oh and dental insurance is ok only if your teeth are....I spend lots of money too!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home