Monday, April 03, 2006

i'm gullible

yep, i am. GULLIBLE.
and just kinda dumb.
so lets back track a bit
april 1st, 2004.
"Kat, did you hear?"
"what"
"Mammouth Mountain errupted"
"Ohmygod are you serious!!!!!" and i proceed to freak out while my well amused-(at-the-time )boyfriend (now husband) keeps a strait face. finally, "yeah, and APRIL FOOLS. "
"DAMN"

skip to april 1st 2005
we're on a family vacation in texas
steve gets a message on his cell phone. he gets all stressed and tells me that Brinks (security) called saying that our alarm was activated, and the cops had to come and break a window to get in. I totally freak out, he gets me going for a few minutes- why did they break the window? was someone there? wtf??????????? " oh and kat? april fools
DAMN
fast forward again to saturday, april 1st 2006.
we had arrived in arizona late friday night, so saturday we just wanted to sleep and be lazy all day. nice and relaxing. so we're watching the boob tube at my friend jackie's house. steve gets up, goes to the bathroom, comes back with his cell phone and is like "i have a message." whips open the phone, listens to the voicemail and is like "oh no." i asked him what was wrong and he did the just-a-second-finger-wave so he could finish listening to the message. then he hangs up the phone and told me that he was supposed to have gone to work on friday. [school was canceled due to the protests]. only the students didn't need to go. teachers were supposed to.
ok, so you all know that this is another april fools joke. my friend jackie even knew. but nope, not me- "oh no!! what are you going to do? are you in trouble? do you have to make up a day? oh no!"
april fools
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was so pissed that he totally freakin got me. what the hell is my problem? its not like i didn't know it was april 1st. i even remembered a few days before and was trying to prepare myself.
nope, i just suck. i'm so freakin gullible, and steve is also VERY convincing. my friend jackie almost believed it too, but she knew it was april fools day.
grrrrrr

so anyways, as i mentioned before, we went to arizona for the weekend. one of my oldest and bestest friends jackie just bought a new house. so they were having a housewarming party and we needed a mini-vaca. perfect. and it was good times. they bought a beautiful house in chandler, AZ
oh, and they had a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN at their party
yesh, beautiful, rick, chocolately chocolate fountain
that i couldn't have
any
and i didn't
look at this and tell me i don't have will power:




i was really worried when i first found out. how was i supposed to NOT eat the chocolate? chocolate fountains are soooooooooooooo yummy. AND i was going to be pmsing- and thats when i totally crave chocolate. somehow, i managed. and i totally helped that jackie also made this super yummy white creamcheese-y dip something. mmmmmmmmmmmm

but it was great seeing jackie. we've known each other since we were 8, been good friends since jr. high. we were both bridesmaids in each others weddings. and we always have so much fun together- gossiping and giggling like school girls ; )


did my dance class again tonight. looked a little more hip hop. go me. but i REALLY need to work. gained over 10 pounds since my wedding. thats bad.
but guess what? two weeks till my birthday!!! wooo hoooo!!!
i can't believe i haven't really started my count down yet, i usually start like months in advance. but i am planning my bday wine tasting extravaganza. soooo excited. 25. thats old. thats a quarter of a century.
ok, now i'm just rambling.
have a fabulous monday (well, i guess tuesday, cause monday is pretty much over now.........)

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

lol gullible is a good thing. Let's just say it's "childlike innocence"

Wow! Does Steve wear a cup? If my husband would to do that he would have to wear a cup for a long time! lol.

you two looks so cute in the photo!

Love the chocolate fountain!

10 pounds?! Geez. You don't show it at all! Did it all went into the boob or something? If it is then when I see you I get a free punch right? Or you could just buy me a strawberry daiquri

Michelle

10:56 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Hang on, why couldn't you eat the chocolate???

I'm bemused by the idea of a chocolate fountain. That's, like, a fountain, but with chocolate. That's some spooky-ass idea if you ask me.

And as for 25 being old... Blimey, when I was 25 I was living in London, being paid a fortune and having a wicked time, champagne every weekend... Oh no, what happened to me???

1:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That fountain looked YUMMY!!!! I used to love when the weddings I planned has those, b/c I knew I would get some!

Sounds like a fun time in AZ. Sorry you got April Fooled....I was trying to avoid that too this year as I believe EVERYTHING ppl say!

6:38 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

Oh kat.. I am gullible too. =/ He comes up with such GOOD stuff, though? You got a joker on your hands.. get him next year.. you can do it. =)

Oh, that chocolate fountain looks YUMMY!!!! i can see how will power would go out the window with that thing around. =/

6:54 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

You are too funny! I have one of those chocolate fountains, it's ridiculously cool! I love it!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

What you were in my city and I didn't get to meet you? Ugh, next time you come to AZ you have to call.

That chocolate fountain looks yum-o!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

ha ha thats funny!!
you're not that gullible.. HE is just that GOOD!!!
so cool that you were in AZ... I am wanting to go there(or move) so bad. Chandler is a cute place.
are those fountains not the coolest??? yay for your willpower!
only 2 more weeks!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

I'm gullible too... but was glad no one pranked me on Saturday!! lol

HA HA on Michelle's comment about the 10 lbs. going to the boobs, lol!! You are so NOT heavy or chubby at ALL, Kat - you're so cute!!

LOVE chocolate and strawberries together, yum... and definitely very tempting if you can't have any.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

How in the world di you resist the fountain??? You are amazing....I would have just gone & stuck a straw in it...goen to town! Yummy!

10 lbs??? You have got to be kidding right??? You look fabulous!

10:15 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Those were some good jokes he played on you, I'm sorry but those are some damn good ones. =)

When you come back to AZ, you better let us know! I can't believe you were here, AWWW. =)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

he he he...that's funny...I don't think we realized it was even April Fools Day...

11:08 AM  
Blogger justem said...

You are too funny! I am usually pretty careful not to let myself get fooled on April 1st!! But...this year Justin totally got me. I suck!

Love thoes pictures of the chocolate fountain...they are making me very hungry!!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home