Thursday, March 30, 2006

2 years ago today......

.....steve proposed. cannot believe that already 2 years have past! wowza, were they a freakin wirlwind of good times and stressful times and everything in between.
we should do something special, but yeah- dont' really have the time. i'm making him chicken and brocoli for dinner........
so yes, i thought i would share the story of how my romantical, sexy hubbie proposed. this is the journaling i did on the scrapbook page of the day he propsed:

March 30, 2004
The day that Steve proposed was the happiest day of my life. For our spring break we decided to go on a road trip to northern California. Our first stop was San Francisco, then Santa Cruz, then Monterey Bay Aquarium, and our last stop was Big Sur. For our six-month anniversary we made our first trip to Big Sur. That was a turning point in our relationship. At the Big River Inn, where we stayed, there is no television or phones in the room. There isn’t even a clock! We drank wine and talked all night, then drove around and hiked and took pictures of the beautiful surroundings. I’ve always called it our “romantic place” and we couldn’t wait until we could go back again! So that’s why we had to stop there on our road trip. I don’t know how I didn’t know that he was going to propose there. He had even done research on where to hike. We woke up around 10ish and had our free breakfast at the Big River Inn restaurant. We then made our way to Julia Pfeiffer Park to go on our hike, after stopping to pick up sandwiches and chips for our lunch at the top of the mountain. When we got there, I noticed some signs warning about mountain lions and kinda freaked out- I couldn’t’ stop thinking about it the whole way up the mountain! It was about an hour up, not too intense, and beautiful! I took pictures the whole way up. When we got to the top, we took in the breathtaking view, and then found a cozy place to eat our lunches. I had a red Gatorade, my favorite, and of course along with it I was getting the infamous red mustache. Steve kept telling me to wipe it off, and keep telling- I was getting annoyed- ok already Steve, I get it! After we were done, I was starting to get cold and I had to go to the bathroom. I was antsy to get going. Then Steve said, wait, I want to show you something. He was looking out to the ocean, so I thought he saw a whale. Then, when he got on his knee and said, “I have a present for you” I freaked out! I remember thinking, if he isn’t proposing that’s really messed up. He pulled out the box and opened up to my dream ring and said “Kathryn, will you marry me” I burst out crying and said yes!!!! I was shaking and crying the whole time. I was so taken off guard! I had been concerned with mountain lions, being cold, and needing to pee! I can’t believe that I didn’t realize he was going to propose, it was so perfect, perfect place and timing, and so very Steve like. I then whipped out my camera and took as many pictures as possible. After about 15 minutes of kissing and hugging and crying (only me though) we finally made our way down the mountain. I couldn’t stop smiling or crying, or looking at the ring! We ran into another couple on the way down, and I asked immediately if they would take our picture and told them that we just got engaged! They took pictures with my camera and theirs! The lady told us we were glowing, and I’m sure that we were! When we got back to the hotel, we went to the restaurant to have some champagne. When we told the bartender we had just gotten engaged, he gave us glasses of champagne on the house, and some strawberries with chocolate and whipped cream. It was the perfect proposal- and I can’t wait to get married!!

(this picture was taking barely a half hour after he proposed. the first couple we ran into i asked to take a picture of us- and bust out "he just proposed!!!!")

So now i have to say that the happiest day of my life was when we got married, but that was a close second. very romantical. we went back to that same spot on our honeymoon, AND we went to the resturant at the hotel we stayed- and had teh same waiter and he REMEMBERED us and that we had gotten engaged!!!! crazy. it was actually his first day the day we got engaged, so i guess it would be easy to remember. but still, exciting stuff.

anyways, so that was two years ago today : ) (ok, i admit it, i got totally teary eyed reading the story and remembering that day!!!)

have a fabulous thursday y'all (and omg, how good was LOST last night????)

19 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

your story is wonderful!!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

what a wonderful way to start off your life together!!! Wowza. He is such a sweetie!

You guys look so cute in that photo. Yeah!

Michelle

1:50 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

that's a great story!

I missed Lost last night and I forgot to set the Tivo. Darn!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Great proposal story, Kat. I'm such a sap. Am crying. Love stuff like that.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know about how good Lost was last night, but I DO KNOW how awesome your story is!!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us and best wishes on a long and happy marriage!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

How romantic!! I loved the story, I got all teary eyed..I love the pic of you two...you both look SO HAPPY!!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

awww how beautiful
Congratulations!!! so excited for you!

10:32 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

Kat that is great. I love how your journalling really captures the moment - the red gatorade is so REAL! I love it. Congrats

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story is so sweet! love it!

8:54 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

AWE.. what an awesome proposal story!!! What a great pic too.. you got a good guy on your hands, Kat!!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

What a great story for your kids someday!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger justem said...

Congrats :) Isn't it crazy how fast time flies by. I can hardly believe that this summer Justin and I will have been married for two years! His proposal just seems like yesterday! I'm also glad to hear you cried a lot...definitely makes me feel like less of a crazy crier :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That is a great story! I'm glad you were taken by surprise, that is the way it should be! Cool that you were able to take a picture right afterwards too.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have been a Baaaaad bloggy friend!!
how sweet for you to jot all this down... i feel an awesome scrap page comin up!!!
great that you can remember all that.. and still have all the mushyness..
I think our "wedded bliss" ended on our honeymoon!!!
LOST>.. freaky..amazing... totally making me mad though... that I have to wait a whole nother(is that a word???) week!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

definitely a romantic proposal, how sweet!!! LOL at the red gatorade, mtn lions, & having to pee =)
sounds like Steve is a great guy, so *happy* for you!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Awwww... how sweet and romantic!! I just LOVE stories like these, they get me every time!!! =)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

how romantic.!!! love that you remembered it all.. and i feel a super scrappy page coming out of this one.
fun photo too!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

lovely story!!!
so cute...

1:27 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

awwww
what a lovely story!!!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home