Friday, March 24, 2006

cowboy, baby

ok, this is probably going to be my most random, rambling post yet.

first off, i love vh1 reality tv. surreal life is one of the best shows ever! i think this season is my favorite yet, and its only be one episode. then again, nothing can compare to mini me peeing in the corner.......
anyways, now i'm watching the "behind the music- kid rock." i know most people hate him. think he's a tool. and ya know? he kinda is. but i've always loved him. he rocks. hence the name, kid rock. i used to bust his cd freshman year in the dorms, me and my roomate. loved joe c. may he rest in peace. but i really don't think kid rock looks like a bob, do you?
ok,
anyways
so its friday night. i'm home alone, watching vh1 and "surfin the net"- and its only 9pm. and i'm ready for bed. steve is gone for the weekend at a bachelor party. the bride, against the advice of super smart me, isnt' having her bachelorette party the same time. yeah, she called me like 30 minutes after they left already freakin out. *le sigh* thats why everyone should always listen to me (i hope y'all know i'm just kidding.........)
so i'm home alone. my first night in this big ole house all alone. my first time alone since steve and i have been together (seriously). in SB i'd always have a friend sleep over. and he really doens't leave that often, usually i go somewhere. so yeah, little scared over here. did you all hear about my peeping tom incident? i think that was B.B (before blog). so yeah, needless to say i'm a little scared.
so what do i do? i go shopping. i went to michaels for some fun stuff for the preschool- and 2 scrapbook magazines (mm, "best of the masters contest" and BHG design secrets) then to a lss, pink pineapple (which i totally called pink pineapple- michelle, you can laugh at me and make all the fun you want.......). bought some fun stuff. i would take a pic of it, but steve took the camera........... some chipboard lettters by heidi swapp, and some of those silhouette (ok, totally had to get up and see how to spell that..) thingies. i love hs, but some of her stuff confuses and scares me. not sure how to use a lot of her stuff. i thought the silhuoette (which i ALWAYS want to call stillouet) were more like a sticker? not so sticky. um, oops. hopefully i'll figure out how to use them, or thats $4 down the drain............ a big fun flower that will be good for a wedding page. basic greg chipboard hardware- so stoked on these. and some fun junkitz pp. woo hoo!
after that i went to the liquor store next door and got me some wine. going to a liquor store totally makes me feel like an alcoholic. we don't need to worry about if i actually am. just that it makes me feel that way. i'm like this young, boppy girl, buying some wine, and these total creepy dudes who drink out of a paper bag are in line with me. well, whatever, they have a big wine selection. got "valley of the moon" cabernet from sonoma valley. really liking it actually...
ok, i remember that there was something i actually wanted to post about. but instead i started rambling. damn. see i have all these posts i want to do, but i never have the time. aw dear. oh, and darcy- you totally called it. i think i'm getting sick............
so i'm gonna read my magazines, maybe do a little scrapbooking, try to go to bed early and not have nightmares about peeping toms.
have a fabulous weekend y'alls, and watch for much better post from the mrs. (post- hahahahahahha!!!) soon : ) : )

15 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Sorry to hear you are home alone! That sucks. If I lived nearby I'd come sleep over!! I also am wondering exactly what Steve is going to be taking pictures of w/the digital camera!! I was just thinking about how in this day and age it is sooo much easier for people to take dirty pictures. Why was I thinking this...you ask?? Well, I don't know. Perhaps it is what I have been drinking...see...you are drinking wine...I am drinking Mikes...it's like we are together many miles apart!! :)

10:48 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

I also do not like sleeping at my house alone and get freaked out.. I can relate.

I also LOVE kid rock. Even if everyone else hates him. He doesn't look like a Bob to me either, my dad's name is bob! Speaking of my dad and kid rock (smooth transition huh?) my dad calls him Kid Cowboy. Lame.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

lol. You should have told me you are homealone and I'll go over and we could have chatted or something. I don't mind home alone myself. Since that really never happens I guess it's more of a dream to be alone for once.

Kid Rock look like a Bob in high school. But not later on when he goes for a more white trash look. I don't mind him too much, but only his debut album. Didn't care for newer stuff. Especially when he went sorta country? What happened? It's like AC/DC doing a love song or something. Something very weird about that.

I won't laugh at you Kat. I just thought you are either going to a scrapbooking store or a local strip club. Hahahaha

Michelle

2:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

depends on if the liquor store you're going to is in the creepy part of town... than i may wonder..
i used to always get a rush.. when going by myself.. like "i am now of age to be doing this".
my brother worked in a store, so then it kinda became a hang out.. you do see some interesting folk.. i always wanna make up stories for them!!
i actually love kid rock.. especially the duet he did with S. Crow.. LOVE that..
hope you got scrapping done, and were not too SKEARID!!!(home alone)

2:19 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

I HATE being home alone too, no fun, especially at night!!! So I can relate!
Aweomse scrapbooking supplies you got there... I LOVE me some Heidi Swapp!!! Hope you got some pages done!
Kid Rock isn't too bad - I like some of his stuff, but on a personal level I think he's kinda scruffy... definitely would not think his name is BOB!! =)

3:16 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

i actually kind of like being home alone.
then again, i still live at home, so maybe that's why. hehehe.
but peace and quiet is sometimes nie

7:56 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Home alone, huh? Sounds like wine and all those scrapping supplies will make for a great night.

P.S. I'm a little intimidated by Ms. Swapp, too. But, I just keep buying her stuff b/c it's too cute not to. I'm the proud owner of some new fuzzy rub-ons.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jill H said...

i hope you were ok during your night alone! when my hubby goes away for a night i put a chair under the doorknob. that way at least i'll hear someone getting in. yes, and i check closets too. i'm a freak =)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Enjoy your weekend, relaxing, drinking wine, scrapping!! Have fun and try not to think about peeping toms!!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Hope you enjoyed your weekend! I used to have a thing about being homealone..until I had kids. Now it's the ULTIMATE luxury! :)
BTW~ I like Kid Rock too~ you are not alone in the one!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so STRANGE! I was home alone Sat. b/c Chris was in Bloomington at a Bachelor Party!! Too funny. I mostly did laundry, but I went shopping too.

8:06 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

I gosh.. I hate being right when it's about you being sick. I'm sorry!! I jinxed you!!

Hope you survived your night alone. You have a big house, too!! I would totally be scared.

I can't wait to see what you create with your HS loot!!!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hope your weekend was okay all alone. I live by myself but every once and a while I will get totally freaked out and scared and have to call my boyfriend and tell him I think someone just knocked on my door and I'm too scared to go see(I don't know why, but I always think this). He just says I'm sure you will be okay. I then have to tell him I'm sure I will be but one of these days when some serial killer knocks on my door you will be sorry.
And I for some reason love kid rock as well my roommates in college and I used to play the cowboy song before we would go out.
Dude, I can't shut up today.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Muriel said...

ok so the bright side is more scrappin'....

8:55 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

I kinda like being alone, but hey, I'm an odd bloke.

My first time in the US, I went to basketball game in Detroit and kid Rock was there, about three rows in front of me. I turned to the bloke next to me, and asked "Is he still shagging that Pamela Anderson woman?" (this was a few years ago), and he couldn't stop laughing - he thought English people saying 'shagging' was an Austin Powers thing!

For the record, I don't know much about Kid Rock, but from where I was sitting, he looked like a smackhead. Do they call them that in the US?

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home