Tuesday, May 09, 2006

work hard. play harder

yep. so i do have a crazy busy day. and it can be ridiculous some times. but soon, i'll be making enough money to hire another assistant, and i'll just scrapbook all day. that would be awesome. we'll see if it ever happens. and when it does, i'll brag, k? alright
so yes, work hard- play even harder! cinco was off the hizzy. major margarita drinking. and tequilla shot taking. ay ay!!! so much fun
here are a few pics of the evening unfolding......

the margarita machine. rented from senorita margarita. they were the BOMB. lol. love that expression......

before all the guests arrived, i took a little break to relax in the hammock. we got it as a wedding gift, but we can't leave it up outside otherwise some kid would crack his skull open playing on it. but it thought it was the perfect time to bust it out

first shot of the evening! (ok, it wasn't actually my first, but everyone elses). we were taking shots of patron. nice. no salt or limes necessary

look how happy i am? i did a little skip afterwards. cheers!

me and my friend paula. totally a cute pic, but i'm not looking at the camera. who does that? stupid me, i ruined the pic : p

steve pouring in the SECOND batch of margaritas. each batch contains enough for 75 8oz margaritas. so we decide to make another batch. and i think its a great idea to also add rum instead of triple sec to the mix- along with the tequilla (no one evne noticed, though). and yeah, this batch dind't get close to being finished. we should have just stuck to beer......

oops, forgot to turn this around. our friends from college IV days. they came from santa barbara, and bobby came from lodi for the fiesta!!! fun stuff
me, again, at the tequilla shot table. woo hoo!
my favorite picture of the night. steve works with the two guys in the pic with me. the also all play softball togheter. love this pic! so funny

and this is me towards the end of the evening. i totally look pregnant (dont' worry, i'm not!!!!) in that shirt. i was dancing around a sombrero, my interpretation of a hat dance. shortly after i was sleeping on the sofa...........

so that was my cinco de mayo! and it took for freakin ever for me to get these darn pictures on my computer, then my blog. so i've decided that i'm not going to post so many pics on my blog, cause then i never get any blogging done. (the whole 2 computers thing) don't worry- i'll still post pics, just not every week. but i want to do more random blogging, not so much updates, etc. so thats what i'll do....

monday night i sent out my pea-utiful cj. its kinda a complicated situation, some of you girls already know it, but i haven't been able to do a cj entry for a few months. so it felt so good to complete this last one. such a feeling of accomplishment as i tucked my cj page in the book. i love that it was something i don't usually do, and at first i didn't like my layout, but in the end i was really proud of it! thats why i'm loving the cj thing, gets me to do things out side my little scrapbooking box ; )

thats all for now. i can't believe its wednesday already! how the week has flown.......... but let me tell you, by tuesday morning i was wishing i still had that margarita machine ; )

have a fabulous rest of the day!!!

18 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

wow! that looks like fun!!! You are such a cute drunk!

hey! That was the same shirt as the last sushi bombing outing. LOL> Is it weird I notice that type of things?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Ah, I want to party with you! Looks like so much fun. Although I probably couldn't hang with you. I had one shot of Patron on Friday night and I was totally buzzed. {light-weight}
I love all the pictures!!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, First I have to say I am SO jealous you are wearing a skirt and tank top at night!!! I want some warm night weather!
very funny and cute pictures, especially the sombrero dance one! and it makes me sad to read you are not going to post as many pics as you usually do, I love drinking Kat pictures!

2:09 PM  
Blogger justem said...

Dude!! I really like that giant thing of Margarita mix. I think you should have taken a picture of you pretending to drink out of it!!!! Glad you had fun with the c.j. I wish mine would reappear soon!!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

Love that you had a margarita machine. You are my party twin! You are so dang cute!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Muriel said...

well girlie it looks like you had loads of fun...
If I was not watching Mary J, Chris Brown, Lifehouse, Rhianna, etc...I woud have been there.

Can't wait until June 3....

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a cool machine!! I didn't know you could rent those.

Looks like you had a great time and those are awesome pics!!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

love this post
and you're mexican?
bwahahaha!
i'm kidding. but yeah, that last one of you cracked my shizz up!

10:33 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Kat, you seem like the life of the party! I want to attend one of your fiestas, you seem like one hell of a hostess. Did you vommit that night because I almost did at my tiny Cinco de Mayo party, too much vino for me. Ha!

10:53 PM  
Blogger BRANDY said...

You look so cute with the flowers in your hair. My eyes got huge when I saw all the margarita stuff in the bucket...holy buckets that is alot of margarita senorita!

6:36 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

You didn't ruin that one pic.. I think it's cute!!!

LOVE the pic of you in the hammock.. glad you got to break it out and no one busted their head open!! You crack me up... =)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Love all the pics..you look so pretty with the flower in your hair..and in your jean skirt..so jealous, can't wait to wear my summer clothes!! Looks like your cinco de mayo was tons of fun..I hope you had a margarita for me!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

you always take me back.. I was always the social butterfly.. living it up!!
I am trying desperately to find my inner self..(but all our friends now are pretty lame!!).
I love that big ol machine! boy,, some serious damage could be done!
i've get to get on my cj...

12:01 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Look at you, party girl!! Always having fun!! That margarita machine is awesome!!! =)

Glad you got my card!!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

oh Kat, you do post the BEST party pictures!!! ok, maybe anything will impress me cause i don't party anymore, but still the pictures look SO fun!!! i'm glad you had a great time. i hear ya on the update/random blog thing, i always feel like i just update too. definitely like random posts though!!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

WHY DON'T WE LIVE CLOSER?!?!!?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

If I had known this was such a HUGE party I totally would have hopped a plane to sunny CA. Looks like a blast.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Margarita Machine!!! That is hilarious. Way to rock the Cinco.
I don't know how you recover from these things.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home