Monday, September 11, 2006

do you want to know a secret??

i just finished reading The Red Dragon- the prequel to Silence of the Lamb. For the third time. Friday night we rented the movie. i love reading books then watching the movie. most of the time the book is better. for this one, i think that they complement each other- and i actually like the movie's ending better than the book. now i'm reading Silence of the Lamb. i loooooooooove the super duper scary books and movies about serial killers.
and this is where my secret comes in.......
i've always secretly wanted to be an FBI agent. Behavioral Science. Like Clarice in Silence of the Lamb. maybe i'm psycho, and its not like i'm ever going to pursue this dream. But the psychopathic criminal mind total intrigues me. I think its because, generally, i consider myself a pretty empathetic person. i usually understand people- get them. but those serial killers? not so much. and i want to understand. ok- not that i think its ok, or want to be like them or anything. i just don't understand their thinking at all. its like they aren't human. and some argue that they aren't. and i want to figure out why. i think the fact that a horrible childhood can turn a good person into evil- so interesting. makes sense. but still very interesting
i don't think i'd be a very good FBI agent though. guns freak the bejubbles out of me. i'd cry every time i messed up. i'd get tired. i can't do the all night steak outs or stay up all night trying to crack the code. and i don't like the idea of psychopaths wanting to kill me. and you have to be in super good shape. yeah, i'm only in super good shape when i get married ;)
but in theory, it'd be super cool.
until then, i'll stick to reading books about them...........

8 Comments:

Blogger darcy said...

What a cool Kat fact. =) And don't be scaring the be-geez-ies out of baby Post too much!!! =)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

OH I totally wanted to be an FBI agent too!!. It all started after a trip to DC. we toured the top secret stuff.. and I thought it would be so cool to be "in the know" of all that stuff.
and I saw the red dragon awhile back. he still creeps me out. but it is like you can not look away right?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

that movie scared the heck outta me!! but i can see where it would be an interesting job. do you like the CSI type shows on tv?

6:54 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

I love to watch all those crime shows on A & E. They scare the heck out of me but I just can't turn them off. I always want to know who done it.
Silence of the Lambs is a great book. I think that's the first and last scary book I read. It took me forever to get through it...I could only read it durning the day...ya, I'm a big chicken.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so with you on that!! I LOVE forensics and crime solving and everything. Chris keeps telling me to go back to school so I can be the CSI ppl, but I think I'd have nightmares if I had to see dead bodies all the time!!!

Thanks for sharing the "secret" with us!! Just don't skip to the last page to find out WHODUNNIT!!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger BRANDY said...

I finished my first book ever and now I am moving on to the next...Memoirs of a Geisha. I am hooked already! I am such a chicken I can't read or watch scary movies.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I cant stand scary movies!! Whenever I see one, I sleep with the lights on for WEEKS!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I've totally always wanted to be a criminologist. I started out in college majoring in psyc and crimonology, but didn't think I could a. not cry when something went wrong and b. be detached enouhg. I did write my 30 page term paper my junior year in highschool on serial killers, though. I think I freaked my teacher out. It is soooo interesting though...what makes them do it?

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home