Friday, September 08, 2006

Biye Bye Bruce

This is Bruce

Bruce was my first car. He was a fabulous car. drove me around my junior and senior years of highschool, and my first few years at college and in santa barbara. i've been through a lot with this guy. stupid boyfriends and broken hearts. girls nights out. LOTS of roadtrips. we actually drove him out to california from iowa, where he was bought when my parents OTHER old bmw was driven into a pole by a drunk car fixer car. oops. anyways. my dad always made sure that i knew it was HIS car he was letting ME drive. but i pimped my car all out girly-style. i had the hula girl on the dashboard, lei's hanging from the window, the back window full of random beanie babies (that i never bought myself, by the way, people just got me them. hmm) and junk. good for the kiddos i would babysit. anyways, so bruce was a very girl car. he was mine ;) i bought an awesome cd changer radio w/my highschool graduation money (shouldn't that money have gone to college supplies? whoops). when i got to college, bruce didnt' make the adjustment very well. the damn battery died sooooooooooo many times. grrrrrr. very frustrating. and the stupid dorm that i lived in (FT for those in the know) kept TOWING him. even though i paid for a gosh darn shop! drama. but bruce took me to my first job being an "adult", bruce took me on dates with my now husband. omg, bruce is where i first told steve i loved him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh wow, now i'm going to cry...............

anyways, we sold bruce yesterday. granted, i havent' driven him in YEARS. i am now the proud owner of a 1997 green CHEVY suburban- Pancho Verde (translated to Frank Green). My cousin Brian- the marine, drove bruce for a few years. managed to "manly" him up. but then he was given back and my dad told me we should sell it. The money we get goes right to baby, so it was good timing. Just very bittersweet. I had to move bruce the other night and realized that this would be the last time i drove him. i MADE myself get out and not take him on a joy ride. i've been a little emotional recently and do not need to become a blubbering idiot over a freakin car. but he was a good car.

So, here's to you Bruce- may you enjoy this next chapter in your life ;)

(ok, and whats almost as good as a three day weekend? a FOUR DAY WORK WEEK! woo hoo! its the weekend again! y'all have a fantabulous one!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Muriel said...

Bye Bye Brucie!!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger CathyVal said...

I so love Bruce!!! I would of taken him for you... I love the older BMW's - I'm abit biase to BMW. Next we need a picture of your new set of wheels - I gotta see this green machine!! Have a good weekend!

1:53 PM  
Blogger justem said...

Okay...I'm am getting all emotional now over your car!!! Enjoy the new suburban, though!!!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Bye Bruce!! YAY for the memories!! And woohoo for money for the babay!! Glad it was a sort week too!! How are we going to survive a full week next week..have a fab weekend!!

12:27 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

Ode to Bruce. He was a good car. =/ What an attachment we get to cars. LOVE that you upgrades to the baby mobile! whoo-hoo!!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Adios Bruce! You'll be missed but Kat is on to bigger & better things :)

BTW, Kat~ you & your pregnant-self get cuter by the day. Love all the belly pics.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jill H said...

aww! gosh you had lots of time w/Bruce, i can see why you'd be sad!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

aww
bye bruce!!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home