Sunday, August 13, 2006

drum roll please.......

and the big exciting post i know you've all been waiting for......
i'm pregnant!!! thats my big news : ) and thats why i've been kind M.I.A. in the scrapping and blogging world. or just not as active. i've been EXHAUSTED.
but so happy
for those of you that know me even just a little bit, i'm sure you know how much i've always wanted this. and if you know me really well, you'll know that i was super scared that it wasn't going to happen- or was going to be really hard. but steve and i have been incredibly blessed (and apparently fertile!) and got pregnant before we even started to offically try.
i'm so happy, so excited, and so fat. my tummy "popped" 2 weeks ago, but i'm still at that awkward in between stage where i dont' look quite pregnant, just that i've put on a few pounds.......
so, baby is due february 6, 2007
we are not going to find out if it is a boy or girl
we do have names pick: jessica kathryn if its a girl, and charles steven if its a boy
i am going to try to do the "natural" thing. please don't say that i'm crazy or anything negative about that. doesn't help. but if you've done it, please email me with tips!
i am going to keep working, right till baby is born! if i can. i have my current assistnat, and am going to hire another one in a few months. i will close the preschool for two weeks, then have my 2 assistants work full time for two weeks while i stay upstairs with baby. after those two weeks, then i'll go back to work. but i'll be able to have baby with me- which is the whole reason i have the preschool in the first place! so that i can stay at home with my kids.
my mom is going to come out for christmas and then stay till after the baby will be born. that will be awesome, so super helpful
steve is also super excited
all the family is excited, my brothers are already fighting over who is going to be the "cool" uncle.

Soooooooooo with that said and done, i have also started up a new blog to document this insane but awesome time in my life. Expecting. that way i don't have to bore anyone who doesnt' want to hear about my growing waistline or all the other crazy things that go on when one is pregnant. check it out, and leave comments and let me know that i'm not going crazy, and that i'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy the in between "looking fat" stage.........
i've known for almost three months now. it was super hard to keep a secret, and i did let it slip to a few of you out there, but now i'm at 15 weeks and feeling pretty good. and once again, so happy.
so this is my really rambling post announcement! so if i don't post as much or comment on your blogs, its cause i now NEED 9 hours of sleep a night. i'm in bed before 9pm. sometimes its still light out when i'm curling up. weird. and i'm sure i'll still be pretty busy once baby arrives too. but i'm still here and still really wanting to stay up with the blog and scrapbooking. just won't be quite as active as i once was.......
have a fabulous monday everyone!!!!

20 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Congrats Kat! You are going to make such an awesome mother!! I can't wait to see pictures of cute pregnant you!

7:51 AM  
Blogger melanie said...

Kat!! What wonderful news ... so, so excited for you. HUGE congrats!!!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Congrats Kat!
;)

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, congratulations Kat!!! you and Steve are going to make GREAT parents I'm sure! how exciting!!!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. - sad no more vino for you for 6 more months!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

YAY!! Kat SO happy for you!! And for Steve of course!! So happy and excited for yo both ;)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

hey did you get my little something in the mail yet?

8:41 AM  
Blogger Odette said...

Congratulations girlie. You're going to be a great "mommy"

10:39 AM  
Blogger BRANDY said...

CONGRATS lil mama! I am so excited for you both...and I am totally diggin the name choices!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jill H said...

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!
yay, Kat!!
SO excited for you guys =)
congrats!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

Yea!!! It's out!!! Fun baby times ahead...

I like those names!!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

can't believe I just am now seeing this!!! that is so exciting. I am so happy for you! You will be an awesome mama..
dang.. no more wine for awhile.(though drs say you can have a glass a day, and it is good for milk supply)..
hope you don't get the pukes too bad!! can't wait to be updated =)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat, I can tell you are going to rock at motherhood! Congratulations : )

4:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So happy for you!! You're going to make the bestest mommy EVER!! Congrats and thanks for keeping us updated!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Congrats Kat!! That is soooo fabulous!!! I look forward to reading your blog & hearing all about it!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Levi said...

congrats again girl!

that seperate expecting blog is a great idea! I think I've kind of killed mine w/all the wedding talk lately...

6:48 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

YEAH!! whoo-hoo..Kat's got a bun in the oven!! And LOVE that you are trying to do it natural. I'll start praying for the delivery NOW. =) This is gunna be a CUTIE-HEAD baby!!!

And...

THANK THE LORD that you've annouced this!!! I'm horrible with secrets and was SO anxious for you to tell everyone!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!
Kat!!!
That's SO exciting!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!!
I can't wait to hear everything that's going on!!
Again girl, big huge congratulations!!!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

WOW! HUGE congrats to you!!! This is such an awesome and tired time for you!!!

I had set in my mind that I was going to do the natural thing and the second the labor pains kicked in, I totally whimpped out - eek! I thought I was strong and I also thought I could tough out ANYTHING! I tried to stay strong, but when they told me that I could be going through the pain anywhere from an hour to 24 hours, I choose the meds - good luck! I hope you are much stronger than me!

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home