Wednesday, July 12, 2006

welcome home!!!

so yes, i'm back
been back since saturday
but you know how life gets crazy when you get back from a trip?
my suitcases are still on the floor in my bedroom, semi-unpacked.
but i got laundry done!
the house is cleanish
and i'm back to work.

my assistant starts friday- I. Can. Not. Wait. seriously. it'll be fabulous. i'm stoked to have Steve here everyday, but he's usually busy in the garage or what not. And i do feel bad having him help me out. So my assistant starting- kick ass!

i'll have to post vaca pics later. maybe tonight. but in order to do that, i need to organize all my photos on my computer upstairs adn take a bunch off, then load up the new ones. thats a lot of work for my lazy booty. its ok, cause the pics aren't that exciting anyways.........
but yes, my trip was AWESOME
lots of laziness
book reading
movie watching
eating lots of good food
with lots of fabulous family and friends : )
and it wasn't that hot. this is the second summer i've taken steve to iowa and the weather hasn't been that bad. he probably thinks i'm making up the ridiculous humity and heat that i usually have to endure when i would make this yearly trek.
but it was good times.

have a few recomendations for y'all
books
The Nanny Diaries
totally cute. very similar to The Devil Wears Prada, the whole psycho boss thing, but instead of fashion its kids. so i could relate more. but a fun, easy read, and just really cute.
movies
saw a BUNCH
love Wedding Crashers, cause it came out right before my wedding last year. and vince and owen- too funny!
Saved. that was interesting. not really what i expected, but entertaining. def a teen movie. but there's this one time where the school principal does a flip- freakin HILARIOUS!!!!!
The Longest Yard (can you tell that i was surrounded by boys on this trip? no girly movies for me!)
this was actually really good, even though it didnt' do well in the theaters. i think thats because it wasn't a typical "adam sandler" movie. it is kinda hard to take him for a serious football player, but whatever- good movie.
and yeah, the rest were just whatever or i don't remember them. those three just pop in my head. but i was nice to rent movies, i don't do that at home very often (steve prefers to watch the movies we have- party pooper ; p ) so it was cool. and i always love a good book. started a book by Lisa Scottoline last night, good so far........

other than that, it was just fun chillin with my family; my parents, my grandma, my brothers, and all my cousins by the dozens
i'll try to post pics later, but i can't promise anything..........
have a fabulous hump day! (so glad that its almost over!!!!!)
xoxo

8 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

so glad you had fun on your trip! woo!

my faveorite part of saved is when she throws the bible and goes "I AM FILLED WITH CHRIST'S LOVE!!!"

Classic. :)

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good trip!
I thought the Nannie Diaries was cute as well, did you know the movie is being made?
oh I just read Jamie's comment, and that is my favorite part too! hahaha! Hugh has a HUGE crush on Mandy more too... :)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

yay, Kat's home!!
glad you had a good trip.
and YAY for your assist. starting too!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Glad you're back. I can't wait to see the pictures.

11:45 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

welcome back!!! :D

1:46 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

Glad you had fun. Did you met anybody there? Can''t wait to see pics and crop when I get back...

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you lucked out in the good ol' midwest. The heat and humidity (here in st. Louis) let up last weekend for my parents...lucky them. You should read "Everyone Worth Knowing" by the author of "The Devil Wears Prada." So good!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

welcome back (cue to welcome back carter song)

yay for the assistant!!!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home