Tuesday, September 05, 2006

i'm bringing sexy back.............

(more like bringing the budda belly back, but whatever- i'm just loving that song right now)
so, i say we talk to someone about making all weekends three day weekends. i know i'm not the first to come up with this amazing idea, but i'll be the first to put it into action. i say i just call up the president- he's the one i should call, right? and let him know that this is what the american people want. three day weekends every week. four day work weeks. i'm ok with working an extra hour those four days (even though steve pointed out it should be two hours. i told him to not burst my bubble). so that i can have a three day weekend.
needless to say- i had a fabulous laborday weekend. so much fun!!!! got SO much done. it went by WAY to fast. actually, life has been going by way to fast recently.
anyways, friday night we had a date night- i wore my new super cute, super expensive, and super worth it- sevens maternity jeans. i felt cute for the first time in forever.

like i said, totally worth it. we went to a new italian resturant in encinitas, i think it was called fresco or something. it was yummy, would have been fabulous with a glass of vino but baby doesn't do vino. then we went and saw the movie that everyone has been raving about Little Miss Sunshine. and i must say, i agree with everyone. it was really good, and cute, and funny. and- i'll admit it- i cried. once cause i was all touched by a sibling bonding moment, and the rest of the time from laughing. fun fun.
saturday- all day was spent running errands. and it was HOT. and it made me tired. and then i cried when i realized the shrimp i was going to use for dinner had gone bad. so we ordered pizza and i was happy :) i also got my scrap on!!!!!! so fun. here are the three lo's i did. the first two were honeymoon ones:



Just Heaven. The hotel we stayed at in San Luis Obispo, the Madonna Inn, has themed rooms. this was just heaven. it was all blue and gold and gaudy, but so fun. and i was wearing my sexy blue lingere, but it seriously was a coincidence! not the most fab lo, but its done!

this was a super duper simple one. just wanted to perserve the memory of how chaotic my house was when we got home after the wedding. all the gifts, all the packig and unpacking. craziness. super simple, like i said.





this is my fav by far. don't know if any of you read the poem my friend wrote me, so cute, so i had to do a layout on it! its funny, a few people commented on the pink wondering if i was thinking baby was a girl. i was doing pink cause i was wearing pink in the picture, and cause hey- i'm a girl, so why not. don't want to jinx anything, so i'm going to say what i think baby is......



so fun to get scrapping done!!!! sunday and monday morning was spent mostly finishing the garage. and its finally done!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep yep, very stoked to have that done. we're going to have the kids play in it today, and i know they'll love it.
not the best pic, i know. here's a close up one of my favorite area. there's the kitchen, baby doll area, and dress up area (behind the shelves). (and i know, i totally should have taken before pics. oh well) fun stuff.......

monday afternoon we had good friends over and barbequed. loves it. lots of work done, but lots of fun done too. seee, all weekends should be three days. um, now whats the presidents phone number?

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally supoprt your 3-day weekend proposal! ;) I love that you bought the Maternity Sevens...hey a girl has gotta feel hot even if she is pregs! hehehe!
and your garage looks so cute!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

although when you are a stay at home mom.. every week has a 3 and 4 and 5 day weekend!!
don't mean to throw it in your face! HA
love love your layouts. missed the chaos one on 2peas. love the yellow.
YAY for date nights and feeling pretty. and being able to eat a lot more and not worry bout getting fat =)
the kids will love the new space!

3:02 PM  
Blogger justem said...

You look great in that photo! Love you layouts!! Especially the one with the poem!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The pres might be long distance, so call collect...he can support it since you're calling in with a FAB idea!! ;)

Love your LO's you look so cute in your new jeans!! Glad you had a good weekend......I'm sure the kids loved playing in the new area!

4:53 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Ohhhhh, look how CUTE you look all preggo!! Awwwww!!!!
Love the pics, love the layouts!!! =)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Odette said...

I agree with the 3 day weekends. When I have to work a full 5 days I get ants in my pants! I like your layouts. Came out very nice!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

You loook so cute in your pic!! Love it!! Glad you had an awesome weekend!! Busy!! Loved the pages!! I'm up for a 3day weekend too..it was SO hard to go back to school..

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

those jeans are SO cute, Kat!! love the layouts & the new kiddo play area!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger CathyVal said...

Let's start a petition! I'm for the three day weekends!!
Love your layouts! I need to get my groove on and scrapbook and stop buying scrapbook stuff!
You look great in your jeans!!! They Rock!

6:10 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

Kat.. you are HOT!! And glowing.. despite what you think. =) LOVE those jeans, girlie!! Yeah for date night!!

Your pages rock, girlie!! I gotta go find them on 2Peas and praise them up. =)

Okay, can I come and play in your daycare garage? I promise I'll share kitchen time with the kids. Promise.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Can't believe you have seven maternity jeans...totally worth that feeling of looking cute when nothing else is working, though, I'm sure.
Preschool looks really cute!

1:07 PM  
Blogger BRANDY said...

you busy little bee...just remember you have a little one that needs rest too. Could you look any cuter pregnant? Seriously?!?!? Totally bring preggo sexy back!

4:12 PM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

Yay! You are sooooooooooo cute!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Levi said...

OMG that's my house right now! I wonder what disaster it'll be in after the wedding... i thi9nk i need meds

3:34 PM  
Blogger Levi said...

OMG that's my house right now! I wonder what disaster it'll be in after the wedding... i thi9nk i need meds

3:34 PM  
Blogger Muriel said...

I just saw the garage pics...now how did I miss those....

It looks great!!!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home